Bachman-Turner Overdrive/BTO : "Lookin' Out For Number One" & Randy Bachman's 1957 Gretsch G6120

ZackyDog

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 6, 2015
In the USA
I'm not sure if Randy used that guitar on the studio recording, but it may have been the same guitar that was stolen and recovered.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
I'm not sure if Randy used that guitar on the studio recording, but it may have been the same guitar that was stolen and recovered.

ZD,

Every time you play your Gretsch guitar, you can thank Randy Bachmann, George Harrison and Tom Petty.

They are responsible for bringing Gretsch back from the dead in the early 1980's.

Startup capital came from the sale of the little Travelling Wilbury's guitar, which was sold for three years before sufficient capital was attained. The design of the TW came from an old Dano that was in the possession of Tom Petty. The guitars were manufactured in Korea.

A very historical Gretsch fact, that few people knew.

Gretsch's problem has always been ''capital'', or better stated, lack thereof. Primary reason ''New Gretsch'' became an offshore product.

A pristine 64/65 Tennessean was floated here on GT several days ago. Musicgoround in Duluth has the guitar, I made an inquiry, $2500. including shipping to Ottawa.

Taking the current average price of all quality vintage guitars from 64/65, this wonderfully preserved Tennessean should be worth far more than $2200./$2300. but unfortunately, because it's a Gretsch, it is not!

If anyone wants to invest in a collection of Gretsch guitars,, it better be because you love them, not because you're waiting for that big pay cheque!

And...loving Gretsch is why we're here!

Best,

BIB.

George Harrison with Wilbury's Gretsch.jpg

Latest posts