Artwork for the upcoming show

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Michiel, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Michiel

Michiel Friend of Fred

Jul 29, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Yeas, leads to various shops around Europe that showed interest. But no concrete sales at the floor. And that's OK.

As far as guitars go, Veenendaal prices are generally inflated.

The brown tolex is actually tweed that we shellac'ed with a dyed shellac. It's fascinating. Depending on the light, the hue may vary from burgundy red to rust brown. It's incredibly lush.

But I'm hearing ya. This expreiment opend the door to a whole new range of cosmetic possibilities. [emoji41]

Ricochet likes this.
  2. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Fascinating indeed. I hope to see some colour variety soon. Dark grey and deep Red maybe? Don't get me wrong, I love the Tweed, but feel the association with Fender is so strong it's almost weird to see it on a Gibson type amp. :confused:

Michiel likes this.
  3. Michiel

Michiel Friend of Fred

Jul 29, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Haha, so funny that you say that. If all plans go through, you'll be wishing we were just doing plain simple yellow tweed again by the end of this year.[emoji16]

Gibson did tweed amps before Fender even existed, so while I am aware of the 'tweed' connotations, I do not share them. Granted tho, the gibson tweed was quite different in color and texture.

4. Michiel

Michiel Friend of Fred

Jul 29, 2009
    The Netherlands
    [​IMG]

The guitar show's house photographer just uploaded an album with some nice shots of our booth.
    I like this one a lot. [emoji41]

KuKuKu and audept like this.
  5. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    That is a great pic! Congrats, Michiel!

Michiel likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.