Are we getting GT ads in the mail now?

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
I just opted out of 'Receive news and update emails' in privacy settings. That'll probably do the trick.

Tnx I’ll try that next. There is an unsubscribe link on the bottom of the ad.
which takes me to The Gear Page requiring me to log in when I’m not even a member!

97E75129-7851-4706-9901-DA71A066CF5C.jpeg 0CA0ED71-23D4-4070-AB5E-16554ED5B428.png

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Home
I got the same ad twice, one from Gretsch Talk and one from the Les Paul forum. I have not been on that Les Paul forum for a few years.

rcboals

Country Gent
Nov 21, 2008
Springfield Oregon
I don't mind at all. This wonderful forum costs me absolutely nothing and if the owners can make a buck to help with the costs of running this site that is fine with me. I delete a lot of ads that come to my inbox during the week some I mark as spam because some of them won't honor the unsubscribe request.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
I don't mind at all. This wonderful forum costs me absolutely nothing and if the owners can make a buck to help with the costs of running this site that is fine with me. I delete a lot of ads that come to my inbox during the week some I mark as spam because some of them won't honor the unsubscribe request.

I don’t mind the banners but I never asked for emails or updates. In fact I left the option unchecked in my privacy settings.

Last edited:

emitex

Synchromatic
Aug 21, 2014
NYC
I received that same Black Mountain email too.
I unchecked “Receive news and update emails” in both the Contact Details and Privacy settings on my account, but the changes do not stick. They get rechecked automatically upon returning to the settings.
The email is from [email protected] but the message itself at the bottom to unsubscribe is from The Gear Page, 150 Vets Highway #482, Commack, NY 11725.

rcboals

Country Gent
Nov 21, 2008
Springfield Oregon
I don’t mind the banners but I never asked for emails or updates. In fact I left the option unchecked in my privacy settings.

I prefer emails I can easily delete and don't even have to look at anything. I find the banners and ads that pop up to be the most annoying, especially the ones that start talking.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Beats me. I’m not aware of anything like this being sanctioned by the forum, but I’m not the final authority, by any means. It could be a spoofed return address. That was my impression.

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
I received that same Black Mountain email too.
I unchecked “Receive news and update emails” in both the Contact Details and Privacy settings on my account, but the changes do not stick. They get rechecked automatically upon returning to the settings.
The email is from [email protected] but the message itself at the bottom to unsubscribe is from The Gear Page, 150 Vets Highway #482, Commack, NY 11725.
Whoa......I swear that location is a 5 minute drive from me, which now makes me hungry as there is a great Italian restaurant very close to there. I haven't been in the gym lately so pasta is the last thing I should be eating!!!

emitex

Synchromatic
Aug 21, 2014
NYC
Whoa......I swear that location is a 5 minute drive from me, which now makes me hungry as there is a great Italian restaurant very close to there. I haven't been in the gym lately so pasta is the last thing I should be eating!!!
What I found strange is the address is written as "Vets" highway. Isn't the official name Vererans Highway? Doesn't sound like a business-like way to address a company.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
What I found strange is the address is written as "Vets" highway. Isn't the official name Vererans Highway? Doesn't sound like a business-like way to address a company.
The mapping app on my iPad couldn’t find that address. Quite possible a scam.

Latest posts