Anyone started a new hobby now that we are spending more time at home?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by GreTschocaster, Sep 3, 2020.

1. afire

afire Country Gent

I bought a smoker the other day. I have the feeling that's going to become something of a hobby.

Tadhg, Rmccamey, mrfixitmi and 8 others like this.
  2. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    What, it's OK to enslave smokers now? First, all the ashtrays were banned indoors and they were pushed outside... then, they can't smoke within 25 ft of the building... then, they have switch to vaping... now we're selling them at auction?

Poor, poor smokers... :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:p

Tadhg, gtttrrr, pmac11 and 7 others like this.
  3. larryr

larryr Gretschie

Mar 6, 2012
    Camarillo, Ca.
    N scale

pmac11 and tartanphantom like this.
  4. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Your camera perspective makes it look deceptively larger. However, now I see that it appears to be on a 4 x 6 board, and the track turn arcs are much tighter than what you usually see in HO.

Man, I remember the days as a kid when I could spend hours wish-booking my way through the massive Walthers model RR catalog.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    gretschbo and larryr like this.
  5. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I would like to take up stone carving. But it will have to wait till we've moved and settled into the new house, and my arms get better, maybe my eyes too. Michelangelo stated the statue was already there, you just had to cut away the rest.

Waxhead, mrfixitmi, gtttrrr and 3 others like this.
  6. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I have all of my comic books catalogued on comics.org.
    At last count I had a little over 13,000 books. However, I have been collecting them off and on since 1979.

mrfixitmi and JeffreyLeePierre like this.
  7. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    My new hobby is learning to shred like Eddie n Zakk.. I got my pointy guitars back out with a new invigorated interest to learn fluidity while hammering Pentatonic scales. Also rolling through the Diatonics and arpeggios every morning. The fret board is getting smaller and linking scales is getting fun. Tuning dow 1/2 step n image.jpg Coming up with new riffs is a blast... image.jpg here’s my guitars and rig...

8. salvatore

salvatore Gretschie

Nov 29, 2017
    Durham, NC
    Serving buckets of first and second serves, and, hitting ground strokes on the backboard at the beautiful, forested, shady, park.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  9. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Mostly gardening, but also I turned the garage into a gym with a soloflex and treadmill and stationary bike. Trying to stay fit with all the takeout I like to eat. I put a TV in there so I can watch movies and walk or bike instead of sitting on the couch. But sometimes I put on music that I want to learn and practice singing while I am walking.

10. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    home remodel, always, been tweaking my patio for 3 years now, my buddies call it a “pavilion” because we went big. :)
    8D265EC1-D5DD-40BE-BEEF-F2F2C5AADACB.jpeg
    CB646237-ECB9-42BF-825A-20F7B51C7628.jpeg 6A437285-6767-4963-8A44-9DE3AA4EEB97.jpeg
    Great acoustics with the high ceilings as well, so spend a lot of time pickin’ on the patio as well!

Stefan87, Waxhead, mrfixitmi and 8 others like this.
  11. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States

12. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    bought the cheaper version of the green egg, best $300 ever spent for a grill. Holds 200 deg for 8-10 hrs no prob. Gettin fat from this thing!
    550078E0-DD00-48C7-9AAB-D7EDC2305893.jpeg

13. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Of course, more guitar...always more guitar
    5D3E38F4-0400-4232-9A3D-F11E0AB4A143.jpeg

14. Defib Tim

Defib Tim Electromatic

Dec 3, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Finally fitted out my workshop and started making my first guitar. Bet you can't guess what it's gonna be,,, Billy Bo 1.JPG Billy Bo 2.JPG

Tadhg, Stefan87, Waxhead and 7 others like this.
  15. johnny g

johnny g Country Gent

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Catching up on my Honey-Dew (DO) list. I am up to number 86. Hope this thing don't last much longer.

16. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
    larryr likes this.
  17. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    I’ve been retired for a few years so my days are not much different now other than radwife and I don’t get to travel in our little trailer right now.

My only new interest has been really looking at the guitars I have and deciding to reduce the number to about 6 and make those be ones I really want. To that end I have been selling and buying/trying/returning/keeping guitars.

I have two more coming in next week, one should be a keeper.

I think that will put me just one away from done......:D

18. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Gretschie

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    I bought a Gretsch and started learning how to play.

19. sgarnett

sgarnett Gretschie

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    Just workin’ my butt off from home. In my “free” time, I’m digesting new training material to survive the current turmoil and/or prepare for imminent job hunting ....

20. sgarnett

sgarnett Gretschie

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    Lost a lot of weight though!

Tadhg, mrfixitmi, radd and 3 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.