Anyone more familiar with the new fender acoustasonics?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by freddyfingers, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Hi all. Wondering if anyone else here has tried either the tele or strat version of the acoustisonic. I am considering one vs the godin A6. I recently played a godin baritone A6, which has a decent plugged in acoustic sound along with a separate output for the magnetic electric pickup. The godin used is as low as 625, and 1199 new. The fender used are still above 1500.

As time goes by, a injury to a nerve on my right arm is combing back. I am having a hard time resting the inside of my arm on the top of a acoustic body, every my archtops, which are at least 3 inches deep. The A6 is like a tele size body, and ny arm doesnt rest on it. So considering one to relive that issue. If the fender has better sound and playability , i would spring for it, or sell some gear to get it. If not, the godin, which is probably heavier might due.

2. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    I’ve researched them a lot and have considered buying one but don’t own one. It would appear that the Strat has a different and better acoustic tone variety than the Tele

Here is a review by a acoustic guy. He gets some great acoustic tones out of it.

Waxhead likes this.
  3. Chris MC

Chris MC Gretschie

Oct 27, 2014
    Orange, Aus
    Some great Norman Blake like tones and and playing in there.

Not sure if I would buy one though...

4. johnny g

johnny g Country Gent

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    This is 2k. Not sure about it. Have to play one first.

5. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

That’s me in nut shell. There are something’s I like about it but it is just a bit to strange for me. Having said that, I have researched them a number of times so there must be something there for me....maybe...o_O

6. I like the acoustic and electric sounds from one ax. But is it worth twice the price of the godin. None in stock near me to try.

7. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

You can order online from a major store that has a no questions asked and return it if you don’t like it.

radd likes this.
  9. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I don't know - haven't played one yet - but they sure do look cool...

[​IMG]

10. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    I read that the Acoustasonic has been one of the top sellers for Fender during the Pandemic. My guy at our local store said that he can’t get one right now when I inquired about them a few weeks ago.

11. I see the tele versions used at 1500 and up. No used strat versions yet. I still dont get why there is such a high resale on these. If every review i ever read said they were worth their worth i would understand. But the reviews are mixed at best, which is why I came here. If they dropped into the 1200 range is 9ould have scooped one up a while back. But they are still pricy to me.

12. Plus i read somewhere that the top colors and stains we see are actually printed on. That doesnt other me as the entire guitar is based on reproducing sound electronically and with chips.

13. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

The vids I’ve watched really made the Strat sound much better in the acoustic guitar tones. They both have completely different software.

I finally decided against one for no other reason than I like simplicity. I sold my modeling amp because it just had to many options, to many dials, buttons, etc.

I have a stunning acoustic dreadnought so I thought why do I need a pretend one.

Of course I have not performed in decades which might just be the place for an Acoustasonic.

14. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I've played the Fenders and was rather uninspired. Funny to read this, I actually just bought a Godin A6 a few days ago. It's an older one though without the humbucker. I prefer the older model. They are wonderful guitars with fantastic sounding preamps.

It’s very lightweight, has a satisfying acoustic “zing”......honestly it’s just a blast to play. I love Godins though. Great company.

6453C835-D00D-45C2-8D73-6512D2ABF613.jpeg

Hammerhead likes this.
  15. I picked up a godin a6 baritone recently. With the humbucker. I think the acoustic sound is decent It’s what made me look at a regular a6, then I got derailed and went back to looking at the fenders. Big price difference. I do know that even though there is a humbucker on the godin, you have to choose between decent acoustic amplified tones or Electric. . And use the correct strings for each. The bronze strings on it work well with the bridge pickup, but the humbucker doesn’t pick them up as well and gets muddy. If I put electric strings on, the neck pickup sounds decent but the acoustic sound becomes thin and nasely. Its a trade off I have been facing for a while with a guitar that does both. Which is the one reason I am drawn to the fenders. They come with acoustic strings and have technology make the sounds. Its magic, or fake , depending on how you view it.

16. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    No personal experience but I think you are paying a lot for the Fender name and tele shape, neither of which make it sound better. I would focus on makes that have more experience with this type of guitar.

Sweetwater has the Godin in burst that is 6lb 1oz for reference.

17. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

That’s my whole thing, I don’t want a hybrid guitar. That’s why I didn’t want a recent A6 with a humbucker. I just wanted a small thin lightweight stage acoustic that sounds great. And that’s what the Godin is.

Your needs/desires may be different.

18. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Yes!

When you are parallel parking these little metal sticks attached on the side of the car in the wheel well, a.k.a. fender acoustasonics, will scratch the curb and make an audible noise in the car so you know you are close enough.

We used to call them curb feelers.

19. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
  20. I just dont know what that desire is. Which is part of the fun in the chase.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.