Anyone have any ins with the USPS? Still trying to track two missing packages

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by BohemianLikeMe, Jul 2, 2020.

1. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
    As the title says.

I sent out two pedals on April 28th, both have vanished. Czech Post initiated a complaint/trace two weeks ago, but still no word on them. I've tried to file reports online like the customer service number says to do (actually the only option, since apparently, you can't speak to a representative through it), but they won't accept my Czech address. The buyer of one is getting antsy. I'd really like to get my beloved Zvex Octane 3 (the other package) to Zvex for repair.

Do I have any options here? Or am I just totally screwed, and not in the fun way?

Both of the tracking numbers show that the packages have been sent to the US, but nothing about them pops up in the system from there. It's been a month, am I doomed to wait another 60 days until I can officially file a complaint?

YouFellowRebels likes this.
  2. YouFellowRebels

YouFellowRebels Gretschie

Jun 17, 2020
    Minnesota
    Sorry. We had similar thing this spring. Ordered something from the UK and it took literally two and a half months to get it. I know from working in shipping it’s hard with anything usps international as tracking just doesn’t exist once it changes between the foreign carrier. UPS costs a lot more, but they track better between countries. I hope your package shows up, the waiting is the hardest part I once I heard in a song.

BohemianLikeMe likes this.
  3. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
    I would have, in retrospect, sent them UPS or DHL, but both carriers weren’t accepting packages to the US then. :confused: I figured sending them ASAP was the best option.

Live and learn, I suppose.:mad:

YouFellowRebels likes this.
  4. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    The USPS doesn't have anything to do with them until they reach our shores. Hard telling what really happened to them once you hand them to your postal people, either here or there. In country shipping is one thing. Between continents is another. An ocean in between you and your buyer makes it hard to trace things. Good luck.

5. YouFellowRebels

YouFellowRebels Gretschie

Jun 17, 2020
    Minnesota
    I feel ya. It’s hard shipping.
    I previously worked as a wholesale shipping manager for a manufacturer/retailer here. On the wholesale end I wouldn’t even quote anything except UPS or FedEx. We had a Taiwanese wholesaler who insisted on USPS (because they often don’t collect duties). We told them sure, but we take zero responsibility for it once it leaves our building. On the retail side we mostly shipped USPS, and knew if anything international got lost we would be out the cost and product, but for how rarely it happened took the risk because it was cheaper than insurance on all the packages. I do hope it works out for the best for you!

6. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    I shipped some pups to Australia. They arrived in Sydney no problem. They have been en route to the destination since April 30th. :/

7. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
    Just an update-- USPS finally delivered both packages last week. :confused:

Hammerhands and MTurner like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.