Anyone ever seen Brian Setzer play a Duo Jet?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by SuperB23, Aug 26, 2019.

1. SuperB23

SuperB23 Gretschie

Jan 5, 2009
    Bay Area California
    I'm curious has anyone seen Brian Setzer play a Duo Jet? I've seen him use the Silver jet on certain songs back in the day like Switchblade 327. I could have sworn a couple times I saw him live he played a Duo jet too?

2. Joe Desperado

Joe Desperado Electromatic

Jun 13, 2019
    Chicago
    There is one of his duo jets for sale on Reverb. Priced right too

3. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Saw a YouTube video where he played a (Silver Sparkle) Duo Jet, think it was BSO if I recall. Think he played it on part of a full concert video.

4. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Is far as Jets I’ve personally only seen him with the Silver Jet in live footage. There’s also that picture of him holding the greenish but I believe blue sparkle Jet. I know he had a 1957 6128 at one time according to his website. Although the guitars on there haven’t been updated in years.

7AD0F279-ED2E-44CD-A772-D980C178A16A.png

j.s.c likes this.
  5. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    He doesnt perform w them anymore. He has though come back to using a falcon on stage w a blonde twin. I love the tone he got from the old days w that near hollow 50s sparkle jet w Dynas. what a tone so raw, edgy w the sweetest woody bonk on the lows w that space echo and blonde bassman!

and of course Switchblade at 16:00 on this live recording

MKunie and CatTones like this.
  6. SuperB23

SuperB23 Gretschie

Jan 5, 2009
    Bay Area California
    I thought he used to use a Jet on Brand New Cadillac sometimes too. Did he play one at all with the Stray Cats? I've only seen the stray cats in concert one time in 2003 at the Hootenanny Fest. Great show! I've seen the BSO about 8 or 9 times now.

7. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

In the early days of the BSO, he would play the sparkle jet through a 4x10 brown Concert on “Honky Tonk”

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  8. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    After the cats went south he was doing that solo bit w the brown concert. That amp was tooo damn bright for him :) Listen to it with a 96' sig model, I cant even imagine the slice from the dynas :) He also had @TSims1 hair style :)

Merc, TSims1 and MKunie like this.
  9. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Lol

10. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

I just love this song so much, but yes, the 10” speakers don’t do him justice.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.