Anyone ever have luck getting the girl next door?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by JCW513, Feb 23, 2021.

1. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Synchromatic

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    With any luck she'll be twitterpated!

Teledriver likes this.
  2. DangerousD

DangerousD Electromatic

Oct 15, 2020
    Colorado
    Exactly. If she says no...so what, plenty of fish in the sea. Better than wasting weeks/months wondering.

Nubs likes this.
  3. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    yep I've had luck with 3 different girls next door :)

Just chat to her - if she's on dating sites you know she'll be friendly - most likely :rolleyes:
    Go for it ........

4. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    Any reason you find to talk to her is good. Be relaxed, don't expect anything, don't try to make anything happen.

The great thing today is that online dating has opened up the whole world. The horrible thing today is that online dating has opened up the whole world.

The first woman I met online was about 25 years ago, not a dating site but AOL. Since then I've joined a few dating sites and had some success. Never paid for the big ones, only free sites.
    If I were your age I'd be online dating. You might have to kiss 10 to find a good one but those ten were pre-screened and had some basic things in common with you. And you likely never would have met them any other way.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  5. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa

Have some fun.

MrWookiee likes this.
  6. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Lol, in law school during one summer we rented out a room to another law student from an ivy league school who was a total unpleasant doofus. But one thing I give him credit for, of sorts, is he would ask out like every woman in sight who wasn't clearly with a date, respecting any rejection. And he got rejected a LOT. He explained that since his rejection rate was so high, he had to ask a lot of women. So if he asks put like 25 women a night and had a 1% success rate, then he gets a date every 4 nights or about a week. Actually, I think his success rate was lower, but you get the idea. Sometimes, love is a numbers game.

I explained that his dates might be more successful if he cleaned his room and helped clean the house. . .

7. Setzerhotrod

Setzerhotrod Country Gent

Oct 26, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    No, but I have a real embarrassing story about failing to get the girl next door (upstairs actually).

Duo Slinger and T-Bawler like this.
  8. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    It’s better to regret the things you tried fir and missed out than the things you didn’t go for. Unless you’re breaking the law.

T-Bawler, MrWookiee and MotorCentaur like this.
  9. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Personally, no.

Trying to orchestrate this thing has creepy stalker written all over it.
    Try to take your mind off of her. If it is to be it will be. If not, there will be someone else.

Duo Slinger and Sabato like this.
  10. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Synchromatic

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    You should just say Hi! to her a few times and keep walking, before you even try talking. Gauge her reaction and don't take it to personally. Eventually you'll have something to talk about. Don't try to force it or be awkward.

11. El Marin

El Marin Gretschie

Is your neighbour? Go

Is not? Go

A friend of mine, she is a girl, told me years ago: If only, when liking a girl (or a boy), most of the people just asked "Fancy a beer?" they would have gotten a YES for most of the times. But most of the time they just look, and look, and look and... nothing

So... Go

12. JCW513

JCW513 Gretschie

Sep 21, 2017
    Boston
    I'm going to, problem is catching her outside. Thats the part I hate, don't want to feel like a stalker.

13. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    I did get the "girl next door" in high school. But it was young love and didn't last past high school. Then 2 years later I met another "girl next door", who I married. We've been together 31 years.

Ironically, both were super-popular, but NOT from my high school- I was too chicken to ask THOSE girls out. But from a different school? No problem.

14. Gregor

Gregor Synchromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Aah Sleepwalk...still gives me chills as it was always the last song played at our sock hops in high school when I would up the courage to ask a girl to dance and then ask to walk her home.
    Didn't marry her though but met my "beloved" at university and still married after 54 years...yes, I'm that old and by the way the "Sleepwalk" version was Johnny and Santo (who are they you ask?) which I still play with fond memories today.
    Sorry I don't have any advice re dating as I forget how but you've got lots of help here already and we're not even a dating site. Shows the versatility we Gretsch lovers have.

Duo Slinger, new6659 and T-Bawler like this.
  15. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I never dated the girl next door but married the nurse at the local hospital! :cool:

16. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    March 20, the Vernal Equinox!
    It's also my daughter's birthday!
    Means she was conceived during the Summer Solstice.
    The day she was born we had snow, sleet, hail, rain and fog.
    First day of Spring, indeed!
    Told her if she'd been boy I'd've named her Vern.

She once asked why she was an only child.
    Told he she ruined it for the rest of them.

17. JCW513

JCW513 Gretschie

Sep 21, 2017
    Boston
    So, If i scare her and she attacks me... Maybe i can meet a nice emergency room nurse.

18. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    So we're your wing men?

Duo Slinger and MrWookiee like this.
  19. L Robbins

L Robbins Gretschie

May 3, 2017
    USA
    Stop wasting time and just go for it!
    Your alone now... if she says no.... your still alone. What have you lost? Nothing!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.