Anyone else suffering from GAS at the moment??

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Flouswa, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Synchromatic

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    What is up with the White SGs??? I've always liked the way they look.
    This one has been listed for a while and I've done my best to avoid it, I really don't need another guitar but just today broke down and emailed the seller. A P-90 SG is just a killer machine.
    But it has to be absolutely right (condition and price) or I will walk away.
    120193257_3770526122958084_4418728366552781920_o.jpg

2. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Sweet and congrats.

I'm not an SG fan, but a white one always gets my attention for some reason.

That would be the one for me too. The looks and the tone.

Randy99CL likes this.
  3. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Electromatic

Aug 28, 2020
    Texas
    Top of my wish list: a McNally (Ireland) 00 body acoustic, Celtic Ivy.

McNally-June-JPeilow-1.jpg

4. Butch Ammon

Butch Ammon Gretschie

Jan 3, 2016
    Richmond, VA
    I have been GAS'ing for a while now, after playing my old but still beloved '95 Fender Strat. It's worn, the frets are worn, the low E doesn't exactly intonate dead-on as it used to, etc... But I love it dearly!

I love Strats and have played them since the 70's with the cheesy 3 bolt neck and large headstock. But yet, there is something about a hollow body Gretsch that won me over. When I first got my 5122 (a couple of years ago) and strummed it on the clean channel, playing a Cmaj7 chord, and gently rocked the Bigsby, I was never the same since!

I am currently GAS'ing for a single cut hollow body. What brand, what color, Bigsby or no Bigsby, I don't know... A guitar will somehow "talk" to you when you first pick it up, and that's that. You have to buy it!

5. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    a mesa dc5, Single rec or mark iv is a requirement by the end of the weak.. the line up is at an odd number,,need to even it out..plus a Marshall head is on mesa cab..need a mesa on top the plexi, I don't even have OCD ..just needed an excuse

6. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    In the late '60s the other guitar player in my band had a P90 SG. It was the best rhythm guitar sound I ever heard still to this day!

Randy99CL likes this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Well today’s a new day! Made a big pot of chili last evening so today there is plenty of gas in our house!

As for guitar gas GAS none but there is a lot of drool worthy tools. I have one more on the way!

CaliforniaSlim likes this.
  8. BarryMClark

BarryMClark Country Gent

Apr 4, 2011
    Atlanta
    I'm going to say no but I also just bought a Telecaster a month ago. Perhaps the only thing I'd be after down the road is a Les Paul SG. :)

9. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    October 31st ......................... stay tuned folks ;)

10. BarryMClark

BarryMClark Country Gent

Apr 4, 2011
    Atlanta
    The antique/vintage white SGs that have a kind of banana pudding color to them with the white pickguards and gold hardware is just one of the classiest guitars I have ever seen. The P90 versions of SG's are probably my favorite sounding. Something I sincerely hope Gibson gets on doing is creating a humbucking P90 that sounds just AWESOME much like what Fender was able to accomplish (although over 20 years) with their latest version of the Gen5 Noiseless Tele pickups. Once I get some time between the financial outlay for my Tele and any subsequent guitar purchase, I would seriously consider ordering a custom shop Les Paul SG from Gibson if the humbucking P90's were just sick.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.