Anyone else suffering from GAS at the moment??

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Flouswa, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Well, I might get GAS attacks. Since September 2019 to now I added 7 Gretsch, 2 Fender and 3 Squier guitars plus 3 amps.
    But I'm okay now.:D

2. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

SG Standards should be red but SG Customs should be white!;)
    upload_2020-10-18_23-4-55.png

3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I agree!
    1962 SG Les Paul 003.jpg

4. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Over the last week and a bit i've missed out on 2 used white Falcon's ,a used 6121 - 55 ,and a used American Original Jaguar.

Yes,i'm slow and dither a lot ,but i've never won an eBay auction in the 15 years i've been using it.

But i'm good with keeping to my limits that i set myself on auctions. I'm good with keeping to my limits even if it's not an auction to be fair.If something is more than i'm willing to pay and the seller won't drop they're price, i walk away.

Got my eye on a Club,but it's not Caddy green ,so,i dunno...
    Also an American Pro I Jazzmaster in Mystic seafoam.
    Well that's for this week,i wonder what will be next week after i lose out on these....:rolleyes:

new6659 likes this.
  5. DangerousD

DangerousD Electromatic

Oct 15, 2020
    Colorado
    :)
    You don't ever bid on Ebay...you snipe, show no interest until the last minute of an auction. With practice you can get your bid in with 2-3 seconds left leaving no time for someone to outbid you.

JC higgy likes this.
  6. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    They've usually went over my budget by the time the snipers appear though,yes,i'm tight as well as dithery.:oops::D

7. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Gretschie

Aug 16, 2019
    United States
    I got a lot of stuff over the past two years, and now that I have one last set of new pickups being installed in a Pro Jet, I am content. I have a minimum length of time between now and my next purchase, and it is about 21 months. I'm not worried about making it.

8. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    Was behaving for a few weeks..caved & scored a mesa halfback 4x12 today, picking up tomorrow & waiting on offer respond to mesa rectoverb head. Scored the Orange cab on Monday

50 cal Recto.jpg

Attached Files:

Bertotti likes this.
  9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    It feels like I’m usually GASing for something. Although this is the first time in years I feel very satisfied with my guitar and pedal board so it’s very minimum. I sort of hope Gretsch doesn’t tempt me during the next virtual NAMM.

So... right now I’m in the ordering stage and parts accumulation to upgrade my Squire Offset Tele. She’s getting a black pickguard, three new pickups Nashville Tele style, new control hardware and 5 way switch (with a pull knob to engage the neck with the bridge), shielding paint, and of course a Bigsby.

10. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Yes... but I’d have to sell my Johnny Marr Jaguar, which I bought to replace the previous Johnny Marr Jag that I sold to finance a Penguin. And if I sell this one.... will I end up buying a third one in a few months?
    I love having a Jaguar but somehow I can’t quite make it sing how I want......and I’m pretty certain I’d be happier with an Olympic white Nash t-52, medium relic 838C9B30-48B0-4C50-9E96-88B456598EEF.jpeg

Mr Swisher likes this.
  11. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    That is a tasteful relic considering it is a Nash. His relics often times are way over the top in my humble opinion.

I like it..

12. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    @radd you aren’t helping!!! Why did you have to write those last three words?!

13. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Anything for a friend :D

mbkri likes this.
  14. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I've been down-sizing -- an age-related thing but am feeling pretty good about progress to date. Down to 3 Gretsch electrics and a Martin D-42 which feels "right".
    I have decided to part with my Standel 25L15. My GAS for that began somewhere in the late 1950's and I finally landed it about 10 years ago. DSC_0074E.jpg

As a replacement I have a deLisle Double Nicklebox on order -- 10 Watts, 1x12" with Vario Dyne to adjust output down to 1 watt.

If anyone is GASing for a Standel, mine is at D'town Guitars:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Standel-am...361322?hash=item48eef026ea:g:bdsAAOSw1vFfe1vz

JeffreyLeePierre likes this.
  15. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    GAS of wednesday :

[​IMG]

GAS of today :
    [​IMG]
    Too late... :(;)

A+!

Mr Swisher likes this.
  16. OzzPocket

OzzPocket Gretschie

Aug 11, 2020
    NYS
    Constantly and consistently....lol....takes everything I have to keep from acting upon it...

17. Duo Slinger

Duo Slinger Gretschie

Sep 11, 2020
    California, USA
    I'm very much gassing for a bassbreaker combo 1x12... But then I figured I wanted a combo I could plug a head into so I've been looking at other stuff.

18. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    daily GAS cure, from Baltimore MD

Mesa 4x12.jpg Mesa 4x12 rear.jpg

JeffreyLeePierre likes this.
  19. CKC411

CKC411 Electromatic

Jan 20, 2018
    Florida, USA
    What a timely (for me) question. I have such a bad case of GAS I am actually worried about the environment in and around my home. I just purchased a Fender Custom Shop, a Limited (t0 300 units) Edition Stratocaster, a Fender Custom Shop Amp and am now working on a deal for a Gretsch Acoustic (though am open to Brands) and a mid-range 4-string Bass, a minimum 4-preamp Audio Interface... oh and I just bought a Roland Groovebox Drum/Rhythm Machine and a selection of new locking tuners and some misc. parts with copper finish.

Mr Swisher likes this.
  20. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Line 6 HX Stomp. Ok, this old analog man said it out loud.

I don't really want another guitar or any amp. I'm set.

Guess I'm in possible GAS prestages looking into this Line 6 product. I like what I'm seeing and hearing about these so far.

Just opening my eyes to a different way of tone shaping my electrics.

I'll move on this slowly as usual, and may give up a Clark reverb tank to fund this new direction. Just not sure if I want to do this, yet.

So I guess that my current GAS has at least opened my eyes to a different approach to expand a sound or two.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.