Any Strat experts out there? I need some buying advice. Don't delay, time running out.

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by YaDaddy, Feb 15, 2021.

1. hawiian2

hawiian2 Electromatic

Jan 13, 2021
    Connecticut
    You know something funny about BBT? When it came out I wouldnt watch it at all. I thought it was another stupid "Hot Blonde Girl everyone wants" type comedy Like threes company. One day he local FOX took off the 6pm syndicated HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (another one I warmed up to later on) and replaced it with BBT after a while I got the hang of it and it is a really well done show
    But everyone has their own choices so its all good!

Randy99CL likes this.
  2. Mercury

Mercury Electromatic

Feb 20, 2021
    Sydney, Australia
    Fingers crosssed, and don't forget to post pics once it's safely arrived. :)

3. YaDaddy

YaDaddy Gretschie

Mar 16, 2020
    Marietta, GA
    It’s not so much choices, it’s just that I had my fill of the concept in the 70s. I haven’t really watched “TV” in decades. No time.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    Jena likes this.
  4. Gretschmen65

Gretschmen65 Country Gent

May 20, 2016
    QLD Australia
    That's nice!

new6659 likes this.
  5. hawiian2

hawiian2 Electromatic

Jan 13, 2021
    Connecticut
    Dont watch TV?
    What about the hard working men and Women of the cable television industry?

6. MIM Strat I had in the 1990s might have been my funnest times ... great string through - I had rented it for one month from a music shop/studio in Santa Monica ...
    I just paid the balance after the month lessons to keep it - the finish was tobacco sunburst and the neck was no problem.

That "axe" taught me that I should use my right dominant hand - write right handed -
    on the fret board, so I am lefty guitars from now on.

MIM Teles I have seen - in tobacco sunburst - were made in 2014 and were the semi-hollow body with the one f-shaped breathing hole.

I do not understand the difference between the Tele and the Strat though .,, pickups (?)
    Strat seem "superior" ... Tele more "old school" ?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021 at 1:17 AM
  7. Yup ... agree.
    The painted headstock ... really looks classy imho

new6659 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.