Any point in replacing a B70 with an B7?

Discussion in 'The Great Bigsby forum' started by Carl Bigsby, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Carl Bigsby

Carl Bigsby Gretschie

I have a Korean G5622T which I bought as a temporary solution, but I am liking it more and more since I replaced its stock rattling bridge and now I'm thinking about keeping it despite that my new G6620T is schedule to arrive in November.

My 5622 has a B70 and I will receive a BBF Front roller in a couple of days, but the question is if the B7 is significantly better than a B70 with an upgraded front roller and if the difference is big enough to justify and upgrade.

Any ideas...?

2. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    No need really. Both are fine. My expensive custom boutique has a import B 5 And it is great.

Carl Bigsby likes this.
  3. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa Cruz
    No. Those of us that have replaced the import Bigsbys did so for only one reason, vanity. The cast ones, especially the V cuts are beautiful.

Mogg, new6659, rcboals and 1 other person like this.
  4. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    Sand cast is not a good process. Die cast imports are better because of the process that makes them. But they also are a little different. But both are great for their own different reasons.

5. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I wouldn’t bother. It’d be a PITA because the mounting screws for the B7 will not line up with the holes left after removing the B70.
    At best, you’d have to fill the screw holes, and drill new ones for the B7.
    That’s a lot of work for not too much improvement.
    The BBF will do ya some good though.

Carl Bigsby likes this.
  6. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
  7. Carl Bigsby

Carl Bigsby Gretschie

OK, thanks, That's a deal breaker for me. I was under impression that it was a straight swap to replace a B70 with a B7.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.