Any gamers here?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Bertotti, Jul 20, 2020.

1. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    this is a thread i always wanted to start but thought that maybe i was alone in this. being born in 1980 i evolved with computer consoles, first it was the atari then the commodore 64 then my favorite the amiga 500! in my 20's i wasted a good 7 years playing gta online, so much so my friend started calling it the waste station! i really do go through phases with these things and i'm in one right now. if anyone has not played these games then i think you must! they are works of art in their own right. Flashback_cover.png Ico_cover_-_EU+JP.jpg shadowcolossus_feat.png The-Last-Guardian-front.jpg 5168D2+FQnL._AC_SY741_.jpg

Sid Nitzerglobin and Bertotti like this.
  2. Sunshine

Sunshine Synchromatic

Jun 28, 2008
    Finland
    Yes, I play with PS4 PRO, PSVR, PC and Oculus Quest.

Rocksmith is one of my long time favorite ;-)

3. BoundandPurfled

BoundandPurfled Gretschie

Mar 22, 2012
    Oregon
    RPG lite. Looks and feels like somewhere between Assassins Creed and Red Dead Redemption set in feudal Japan
    Extremely good story. Just finished and almost platinumed it. Gonna play it again in Kurosawa mode

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Bertotti likes this.
  4. Nubs

Nubs Electromatic

Sep 10, 2019
    Houston, TX
    OG here. That's Original Gamer. Been gaming since Pong and the like.

Current games I'm playing: Overwatch, Rocket League, Wreckfest

Just found this fun little game for the phone called Motorball. 2D version of Rocket League and is pretty damn fun!

5. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Forgot to mention that I've been playing Minecraft Dungeons couch coop with my kids (think Diablo III, but simpler and for a younger audience). Not my kind of game really but its fun to play with them. Except when they bicker and stress me out.

6. sanhozay

sanhozay Electromatic

Mar 17, 2014
    usa
    not anymore, mostly by lack of exposure. once my son discovered drums he slowly lost interest in gaming. nobody else my age is into it. beyond the graphic capabilities, some of the world-building in video games is epic and jaw-dropping. i have much respect for game design and the creativity within that community. i'm an avid reader, and in the book, the nix by nathan hill, there's a hilarious gamer storyline woven into the plot. it was one of my favorite aspects {of a fantastic book}.

7. Snorre

Snorre Country Gent

Feb 12, 2009
    Walkersville, MD
    I'm a long-time gamer. I have a now inactive Twitch channel (Surfysonic) and played a variety of games on there for about a year or so until life set a higher priority in caring for my wife's health issue. She's doing much better thankfully but her treatment will be ongoing for some time.

I've scaled back quite a bit but I've always enjoyed RPGs and play(ed) a lot of mmorpgs - World of Warcraft, Star Wars The Old Republic, Final Fantasy XIV Online, and currently The Elder Scrolls Online a couple of nights a week with an old gaming pal of mine. Other online games include Diablo 4 and Path of Exile. Also a big fan of Two Point Hospital, a silly hospital sim game from the UK.

I've got a lot of my game playthrough videos on YouTube (Surfysonic). I'll maybe one dive back into gaming again if something really motivates me but now I'm focusing more on guitars and gear demos on the YouTube channel.

GlenP likes this.
  8. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    I remember some old Apple II games when I was a kid ... these make Pong look like,

well, Pong.

YOU ARE STANDING AT THE END OF A ROAD BEFORE A SMALL BRICK BUILDING.
    AROUND YOU IS A FOREST. A SMALL STREAM FLOWS OUT OF THE BUILDING AND
    DOWN A GULLY.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure

Choplifter!
    Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 11.44.38 PM.png

Mask of the Sun
    Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 11.42.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 11.51.39 PM.png

Lemonade Stand
    Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 11.55.26 PM.png

Oh, yeah, and Apple Trek: looks like the Enterprise is in trouble, 6 Klingon warbirds in the quadrant and shields are down 50%, RED ALERT!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.