Any Brain Stackers???…. Now I can go to 11!!

SLICKFASTER

Country Gent
Dec 29, 2009
USA
What do ya do when your running Abby full time n need a little more?
Hahaaa Yaaas!! A94CB3CF-0C68-4F9C-9B31-B137AF1A9F37.jpeg I was finding it difficult to fit the Ubangi in my sound..
Until I get a FD this Big open pre push will do the trick.
I coulda done this 6 yrs ago!!
It’s a Killer!!

Last edited:

J Bird

Synchromatic
Dec 2, 2016
Enumclaw
Yep, tried that out initially when I got the Mystery Brain last week and loved it. I kind of laughed at the idea of keeping them stacked. After multiple, multiple sound checks, that's what I ended up going with, just like this:
20220118_192304.jpg

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I’ve spent more time putting the Jr Barnyard into the Mystery Brain or in the loop or after all interesting and cool tones abound. I do however tend to use them alone most of the time but if I was good enough and in one place long enough to play out I could see uses for stacking. At this point I tend to think that if I want something else to stack I would be more inclined to a pedal I do not have. Maybe the Fluid Drive? But I’m to hurried to do so. Plenty happy with the items I have.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Dont know why I havnt thought of it. Gonna stack my DynoBrain into my Mystery Brain, and my Jr B into the El Pesc just to see what happens! I hardly ever use the DB or the JrB anymore since I got the other two.
JrB into ElP I have to try that also. Not sure why I haven’t! The ElP in the loop of the MB is cool when you combine the echo and reverb!

Pine Apple Slim

Country Gent
Dec 14, 2011
North Alabama
JrB into ElP I have to try that also. Not sure why I haven’t! The ElP in the loop of the MB is cool when you combine the echo and reverb!
Yea Ive put the El Pesc and/or the Jr B in the MB loop. Its pretty cool but I tend to use the Brain pre and the Jr B pre for different things so they rarely live on the same board. My Carr Rambler has a world class spring reverb so I rarely use the El Pesc with that amp, but the DynoBrain is usually on that board. I like the El Pesc best with my little old Crate Vintage Club 2110r. The preamp works great with its el84s and the reverb on that amp aint so good. I mainly use the Jr B on my upright bass.

Latest posts