Another new recruit

Midlifecrisis71

Gretschie
Nov 26, 2021
Exeter, U.K
Hello everyone, I have joined this forum as after turning 50 this year I have finally started to learn the guitar. I have always admired the Gretsch guitars from being a Cult fan in my youth. I have purchased a 5230t a few days ago and so far I am enjoying it and already own two amps! I will buy a virtual round of drinks to everyone on here....Cheers!

Midlifecrisis71

Gretschie
Nov 26, 2021
Exeter, U.K
Thanks everyone! I have actually boxed it back up to take back to Project Music in Exeter as I am getting a lot of string buzz on the bridge, not sure if it was set up before I purchased it. They are doing it free of charge. I will post up pictures when I get it back.

Midlifecrisis71

Gretschie
Nov 26, 2021
Exeter, U.K
Hello again, sorry i have not replied but been well busy at work. Took guitar back but still getting buzz and tuning issues. I have since replaced strings with 10-46 ernie ball regulars and fitted a Reverend roller bridge which improved it a little. I realised i was only having buzz and tuning issues with low E and A,D strings so I used the old strings and gently filed out the nut with the corresponding string and filled with pencil graphite. Stripped and lubricated the tension roller and now no buzz and strings stay in tune!