Another Falcon info thread...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by freddyfingers, Feb 10, 2020.

1. And why aren’t there any T’Armond veraionas with a bigsby? Or do i have to buy the tail piece and pay someone to install a bigsby? Keep both in case? Or go off the deep end and get one of each.

2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    The orange guitar is my modded 5420. Basically it’s a poor man's 6120.
    B90D978A-9663-44A6-A092-5352A79D18F6.jpeg
    TV Classic Plus bridge pickup
    T-armond neck.

It’s a great guitar, but it’s no match for my Falcon.
    My Falcon has Gretsch HS Filtertrons. I like these much more than the TV Classics I’ve played.

I’ve only ever played Dynasonics one time in a Country Club I tried once. They were nice, but I think T-armonds are easier beasts to tame.

3. I would like to thank everyone for responding, but more importantly not helping the gas i had. So far so good. I still peak every now and then at what’s out there, but not every 10 minutes. I am selling off some gear that when sold would net me the cash to make this investment, but maybe by then something else may come along.

section2 likes this.
  4. bluenote23

bluenote23 Country Gent

Oct 17, 2009
    Montreal, Canada
    One thing that surprised me about my Falcon, a 2008 6136T, was that even though it was a long scale, it felt the same as my short scale Gretschs. All my guitars were strung with the same gauge strings so this was a surprise.

Quite frankly, T-Armonds are much easier to deal with than Dynasonics (I would think that the Duncans would be a lot like the TV Jones). Dynas are kinda like wild beasts that can be difficult to get to sound good. The neck's a little wooly and the neck+bridge can be unbalanced. T-Armonds are better balanced and the neck has a clear tone. But I still like my Dynas a lot.

freddyfingers likes this.
  5. afire

afire Country Gent

Well, you just killed any interest I had in a Falcon. But I'm not sure you're correct. My hope would be that the Falcon would be the show and allow me to continue my stone-faced motionless performing style and never have another drunk girl tell me to smile a little.

6. I’m married to that woman. She stands next to me on stage. Tells me to smile and face the audience more. I tell her its my job to keep the band together on stage and i am very busy. She then says i need too smile and face the audience.

new6659 likes this.
  7. afire

afire Country Gent

I like your style. You get it. I'm not there to smile at people. I'm not sure why I'm there at all.

Ricochet likes this.
  8. I’m there to get that woman safely home after the gigs we play at wineries. Which by the way, is what led me to falcon questions in the first place.

9. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Falcons rule & Ooze cool!!!!!

Here’s mine.. D59FF2FE-E4CD-48FB-B572-07EB7149F1BE.png

10. CatTones

CatTones Gretschie

Jul 28, 2017
    Boston
    There was a thread a while ago about how much you would spend on a guitar, so my response was $1900, and that I had been looking for a WF for over 3 years and had been oh so close but never been able to close the deal, I did end up getting one and I was super patient, but ya not for under 2K but close so keep looking. AND I know nothing is real without pictures.

I have always loved the Cadillac tailpiece on this, probably from the Cats video back in the 80's, now that I have it I am looking to add a V-cut bigsby. However I just dont want to lose the way it plays, I mean I can bend this almost like its a strat (yes I'm getting carried away) but just love the feel and not sure what will happen when I add a Bigsby. BUT if you want one in the Low 2K you just need to be patient

Cheers !

11. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    I got my first Falcon used in the January sales back in 2008 ,cost me £1099,aye,i couldn't believe it myself.

Second one was a used DS for £1650 locally back in 2013.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice