Anderton's Gretsch Custom Shop demo video

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
I just wish Gretsch would STOP over using specific model year ,this is not a 59 anything.And that 70s style headstock kills it for me.And what is Super Broadkaster wiring mean?

This could've been so much better imo,but i'm a boring traditionalist .I'll give the vid a watch when i get the time.

Wayne Gretschzky

Country Gent
Aug 27, 2008
East Coast
Welp... let me first say that I am a BIG fan of Stephen Stern and his team at the CS. They do amazing things, and some day I'm going to cough up the big bucks to have them make something for me. Having said that, I'm not a fan of those guitars in the vid. Did they even mention what model the brown one is.... 6120 with Falcon headstock, or maybe a Falcon Junior or something? I've never been a fan of the mixed pickup approach. I'll give Eddie Cochran some space on that, but these new CS guitars are starting to look like parts guitars. Again... supremely constructed parts guitars by true artsians... but parts guitars nonetheless.

Andrew6128

Electromatic
Oct 20, 2019
Japan, Tokyo
I just wish they’d provide regular MIA
custom shop models like Gibson does
as an up charge from their VS models.

The slightly aged look and proper
nitro finish, proper font headstock logos on the CS stuff is much nicer than the MIJ stuff.

Archeon

Electromatic
Apr 21, 2022
Canada
I usually skip the intro jam and didn't this time because it sounded awesome. Agreed that these two models look peculiar, like they were modified too much. Might as well add a Floyd Rose.

How does Gretsch CS work? Do they just make whatever they want and send it off to dealers, or can customers actually order a specific spec? With the small shop size, is the wait list something like 3 years?

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
I just wish they’d provide regular MIA
custom shop models like Gibson does
as an up charge from their VS models.
That is how the Custom Shop started out. They originally offered two stock models, a '55 Falcon and a '55 6120, at about $6,000 and $8,000 street respectively. The '55 Falcon is still considered a stock model, but I think the street price is up to about $10,000 now.

Hammerhands

Country Gent
Aug 26, 2011
Winnipeg
How does Gretsch CS work? Do they just make whatever they want and send it off to dealers, or can customers actually order a specific spec? With the small shop size, is the wait list something like 3 years?

They do specific spec for individual customers and they also make guitars for NAMM that they allow dealers to enter a raffle to purchase. They may do limited edition runs as well. Some shops like Wildwood order limited edition Custom Shop models, where Chicago Music Exchange and sometimes L&M seem to order limited edition Japanese models.

Andrew6128

Electromatic
Oct 20, 2019
Japan, Tokyo
That is how the Custom Shop started out. They originally offered two stock models, a '55 Falcon and a '55 6120, at about $6,000 and $8,000 street respectively. The '55 Falcon is still considered a stock model, but I think the street price is up to about $10,000 now.
Any custom shop starts at about 10,000 now in Japan :p
Depending on the model you can get a good vintage one.