And now the BAD news...

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Dumbthumbs, Nov 1, 2021.

1. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Nah, not worth the trouble, if it doesn’t sell local, may just keep it and use as intended. Have help off putting Thomastiks on it, may like enough to keep it for vacation at that point…

thunder58 likes this.
  2. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    One of my long time guitarist works at Guitar Center in Towson Md. I called him to see if he could find out the real story. He said he would check into it and let me know. He did say that when he started working there last year he thought he saw a returned guitar being prepared for return to the main GC store in a box that originally came from MF. He should be able to find the answer over the next few days and I'll report back what I find out. Just because I've never heard of it before doesn't mean it isn't true.

MrWookiee and gtttrrr like this.
  3. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Synchromatic

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    I have extended family in Western PA but left there as an infant with my parents. Whenever we visit I come back talking funny. One of my favorite expressions is "Jeet chet?", which means, "Did you eat yet?"

4. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    That saying has made it's way to some places in Baltimore, Md sort of modified a bit "ju-eet yet"...:).

mrfixitmi and MrWookiee like this.
  5. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    When I visit Altoona I laugh when they say "Yuns," short for You'ns short for "you and your people."
    One of the shortest conversations: Jeet? No, jew?

mrfixitmi and MrWookiee like this.
  6. Groutsch

Groutsch Synchromatic

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    The return policy may have changed since your experience. Or, it might make a difference whether you're returning a guitar because it was defective or just because you didn't like it. Guitar Center charges shipping for used gear, and they will not automatically refund the shipping charge if you return the gear. However, if the item was defective or not-as-described, they will refund the shipping charge upon request. Likewise, they might be more generous about accepting MF returns at GC if the item was defective.

7. afire

afire Country Gent

This is how I imagine most of your appointments go...

Stefan87 likes this.
  8. Xochi2

Xochi2 Gretschie

Oct 5, 2020
    Wisconsin
    Dumbthumbs likes this.
  9. Joe90

Joe90 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Canada
    I'm guessing you are not a fan of people who relic their amps...

This amp would be a lot cooler if it was on a NAD Thread talking about a garage sale find for $50.

NJDevil, MrWookiee and Dumbthumbs like this.
  10. Dumbthumbs

Dumbthumbs Gretschie

Nov 28, 2020
    New Mexico
    Even better if it was described as the projectile that went straight through the MF headquarters building.

pmac11, BatmansGretsch and MrWookiee like this.
  11. Scamp

Scamp Gretschie

Feb 22, 2018
    SoCal
    Yeah they usually do but these were almost coming out of the tuners loose.

12. BatmansGretsch

BatmansGretsch Gretschie

Dec 3, 2019
    Earth
    If I got that in the post, I wouldn't even think it was the item I ordered. I'd go straight to the cops that this is evidence someone has it out for me and I need 24-hour protection.

13. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I’m always on the lookout for ‘80s SS Marshalls, but I would still pass on this for 50 bucks. :confused:

14. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    That's really common in Indiana as well. Also, we get "Needs fixin'." Some folks is just ignernt.

mrfixitmi, new6659 and MrWookiee like this.
  15. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Or pass me the fixins.

wabash slim and mrfixitmi like this.
  16. pmarinovich

pmarinovich Gretschie

Nov 17, 2018
    Louisiana
    What's happened to MF? I've bought tons of stuff from them in the past with no issues. Great prices, great customer reps, etc. But more recently I've heard that they were associated with GC and had all these problems when GC was fighting bankruptcy....or something like that. Now I can barely recognize their site and it's full of random crap.

17. GVDobler

GVDobler Synchromatic

May 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Just saw that someone dumped about 300-400 FedEx packages in a ravine in Georgia or someplace. FedEx sent a bunch of trucks to recover them. Be interesting to see what that's about.

pmac11 and wabash slim like this.
  18. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    We used to say the same things, with a Mother and Father from Poland I was always confused. My wife is from Altoona, and she also "lifts the potatoes", "reds up the room" and "sits on a Davenport."

Speaking English as a second language, Regional linguistics always intrigued me. I remember growing up when the local kids always reminded me "yer Mama talks funny". When I found that it was easier to watch movies with subtitles to learn English, life became easier. It seemed to me that the "English Teachers" left off the good parts.

new6659 likes this.
  19. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    My folks wouldn't teach us Polish. My Dad wound up as an interpreter for the concentration camps at the end of the war. The experience left him somewhat broken. It's one of the things he absolutely wouldn't talk about. He was really fluent in it, more than Mom. The Polish I did pick up was by osmosis. Being the oldest grandson, I had been around it more than the rest of my cousins. Still picked up a lot of Polish tinged expressions. "Close the light." "How's by you?" "Vat's dat ting?"

mrfixitmi likes this.
  20. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    A Black Friday revolt?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.