and don't forget the creedence tape

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by mikante, Apr 14, 2011.

1. mikante

mikante Country Gent

Aug 11, 2009
    italy
    sitting here in a pub, having a beer, creedence going in the background, how comes I never get tired of them? I must be a dude???

2. dan P

dan P Country Gent

Jul 21, 2008
    Kansas City
    I absolutely love their first released album, still some of the best rock and roll out there, period !

3. fletch

fletch Country Gent

Oct 19, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I, too, love Creedence and really enjoy doing their stuff on stage. It's usually pretty easy and interesting to play.
    A couple of years ago I was talking to a guitarist who said he didn't like Creedence material, I was surprised, because his band did several CCR songs. When I asked why they did them if they didn't like them, he said that the songs always got the crowds off their bums and onto the dance floor.

Seems like a good enough reason to me.

4. mikante

mikante Country Gent

Aug 11, 2009
    italy
    this guy prefers the audience to stay quiet so he can perform his famous breathtaking solos without being distracted?
    ahahah what a douche!
    doo doo doo lookin' out my back door...

5. riff1006

riff1006 Gretschie

Mar 19, 2011
    Ozarkistan
    There's only one dude....:p

6. Sarah93003

Sarah93003 Friend of Fred

I love CCR and I'm not a dude. :D

7. mikante

mikante Country Gent

Aug 11, 2009
    italy
    eheh that's true, let's just love them!

8. Geezer

Geezer Synchromatic

May 28, 2009
    McGill, Nevada
    I don't get tired of them either. They're magic.

9. rick31797

rick31797 Synchromatic

Oct 27, 2009
    Canada
    Just seen John Fogerty last year,, great show, my first LP , cosmos factory.. great.. CCR ,had the perfect receipt , i remember at age 16 playing , proud mary , and my mom liked it also, they where able to reach all ages.

10. the_undecided_one

the_undecided_one Electromatic

Mar 4, 2010
    Sandpoint, ID
    tape? whats a 'tape'? :p :D

11. jbcallender

jbcallender Gretschie

Nov 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I love CCR and John Fogerty. To me, he always looks like he's having a ball up there playing. I think Susie Q was one of the first songs I figured out all by myself. I love the lead break in Proud Mary 'cause it's so simple, yet sounds so cool. And I have always loved "Lodi" even though it wasn't a huge megahit. I played guitar in our Pep Band in high school and I talked our Band Director into doing an arrangement of "Willie and the Poor Boys" for the Pep Band. I thought that was way cool of him way back then.

12. jbcallender

jbcallender Gretschie

Nov 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'd forgotten how cool that movie is. Is John Goodman great or what....is Jeff Bridges great or what?

13. Topfooldugster

Topfooldugster Electromatic

Jan 9, 2011
    108 MIle Ranch BC
    The first 45 I bought was Proud Mary. The first album I wore out was Cosmos Factory. I play and listen to a lot of different genres, but I never get tired of Creedence. I play Green River as a regular set song, and often do Traveling Band, Suzie Q, and Looking Out my Back Door. They did a TON of songs I like. I think my fav is probably Molina

14. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo Gretschie

Jul 13, 2008
    Georgia
    F**kin A,man.

15. gigatron

gigatron Country Gent

Oct 9, 2008
    Slovenia
    Big CCR fan here. Also the Tom Johnston version of the Doobie Brothers.

16. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    +1 to that ;)

17. mikante

mikante Country Gent

Aug 11, 2009
    italy
    whatever is your skill level you enjoy playing it!
    Fortunate Son is one of my favorite, Bad Moon Rising, I Heard It Through The Grapevine, oh they are a joy to listen or play am I wrong? ok let's not turn this thread into some movie quotes....

18. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo Gretschie

Jul 13, 2008
    Georgia
    I was playing around with the beginning to "Born on the Bayou" the other night for a friend and he complimented me for coming up with such a catchy little guitar line.I thought he was joking,so I told him I was thinking about calling it "Born on the Bayou",he thought it sounded to country.:confused:Yes,Seriously:eek:....He's just more into metal than I thought,so I just let it go.
    Anyway, "Tombstone Shadow" is another favorite of mine.:cool:

19. DrumBob

DrumBob Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    New Jersey
    I have always loved Creedence's music. I went through a listening binge recently. Saw them three times in their heyday, and saw John Fogerty live a few years back. For a sixty-something, the man has amazing energy, and of course, his songs are killer. He probably naps a lot during the day!

Back when they came to prominence in the late 60's, nobody else was playing swampy, bluesy roots music. Creedence made it fashionable, and their string of hit singles and albums speaks for itself. Just a great band all around. Too bad their business dealings got so F'd-up.

20. Jack Knife

Jack Knife Synchromatic

Mar 15, 2009
    Magdalena, NM, US
    CCR do some great swampy jam tunes. Born on the Bayou, Run Though the Jungle, Suzy Q, Heard It On the Grapevine...

Extended jamming heaven!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.