An important announcement from your Moderators

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by thunder58, Mar 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Hello everyone ,

**** First let me say that this thread is " locked " and no one has the ability to reply . Just take a moment to read ****

These past 3 weeks , we moderators have been receiving all kinds of " reported post's " along with dozens of PM's . It seems as though there has been an upswing in " cat fights " among the members . And quite frankly , some of it has turned unpleasant and ugly . It's has led to suspension of members along with the removal / banning of a few members also . Please understand that we DO NOT want to suspend or ban a member , it's not our style nor is it what we're set out to do . But sometimes , push comes to shove ( on the members part , not ours ) and it must be done for the good of the Forum . Also : Please be advised that I WILL NOT tolerate any form of racism or any form of mocking of a culture or community on this forum . Also understand that no one should take Moderator Duties into their own hands .
    ..... end of discussion .....

This is not what Gretch-Talk is all about and you all know this . We are friends here from all around the globe . And I have even met a few of you too , and long to meet others, honest . We have one thing in common - the love of music . Weather it's our favorite gear or our favorite band , we're here for the music . And yes , we're here for some other topics too . But sometimes these topics pinch a nerve with some of us and as much as I get it , we need to be civil to one another , which leads me to this .......

Perhaps some of us / all of us are on edge a little more lately . It's been a long haul with what's been going on in the world today . We all want our lives to get back to normal and I'll be the first to admit it . We have our differences and views what has happened these past 12 months or so . That includes everything from the
    pandemic to whats is or is not socially acceptable anymore .

Guys , I work 2 jobs . Full time at my local Utility Company and part time at my local Police Department as an Animal Control Officer . I don't need Gretsch -Talk to be a 3rd job . Remember , we moderators volunteer here . And besides , if I want to be aggravated , believe me , I'll stay at the Police Department a while longer during my tours as I know there's enough garbage , crap and aggravation to go around .

When you signed up for this forum , you had agreed to " Gretsch-Talks Official Rules and Guidlines --Please Read " ( yes , that's the actual title ...remember ?? ) I asked you in the beginning of this announcement to please read it . Now I'm asking you to click on the link below , and refresh yourself with the Rules and Regulations of this forum . It only takes a few minutes of your time .

https://www.gretsch-talk.com/threads/gretsch-talks-official-rules-and-guidelines-please-read.137421/

Please do me a favor and click on the " like " button so I at least have an idea that you read this whole announcement .

Remember , it's ok to agree to disagree , but let's get back to treating each other with respect .....before it's too late

Thank you ,

thunder58
    Rich
    3/8/2021

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    michelb, Stratiner, Marko60 and 113 others like this.
  2. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I’ll just chime in that I’ve observed several new members join the forum and come in, guns a blazin’ ready for a fight. That is not the way this forum operates. If you can’t keep it positive and respectful of others, please do yourself a favor and don’t try to change the forum.

if you don’t like how things operate at G-T, don’t think that you are going to change the forum to suit your tastes. Thunder 58 and I get a lot of compliments on the atmosphere here at G-T and we owe it to our members to keep the forum a positive and friendly place. If you want to complain, to camouflage profanity with character substitutions, or otherwise contribute to a negative atmosphere at G-T, you will end up banned. This is a PG, family friendly environment and so it shall remain.

If you disagree with a moderation decision, feel free to PM Thunder 58 and I about and we’ll hear you out, but do not post a thread with the idea of airing your grievances to the forum at large or trying to embarrass the moderators. Several former members tried this tactic, but they ended up off the forum.

No political or controversial topics.
    No use of profanity or camouflaged profanity.
    No ad hominem attacks.
    Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
    No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

The moderation team has no desire to ban anyone, but if a forum member causes distress to the community, we have to deal with it and, at that point, it really comes down to whether the user agrees to play by the rules, or reviles.

3. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
  4. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Just a word of thanks to all that have taken the time out to read :)

5. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    113 " likes "

Thank you gang , you guys are awesome !!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    michelb, Waxhead, L Robbins and 10 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.