Amp help!

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by freespoken, Oct 8, 2013.

1. freespoken

freespoken Gretschie

Jul 31, 2011
    New Mexico
    Recently traded out my stock speaker in my fender blues deluxe 40w 8 ohm amp with a 75w 8 ohm weber blue dog. It was an easy swap and sounded great. This morning with 2 1/2 on the amp volume it suddenly sounded like a blown speaker. Got nervous and did some speaker checks trading out the old and new speaker and it sounded fine. Put it all back together and now same resultant as before. Did I get a bad speaker? Could it be a tube issue? Bad speaker connector? Compatibility issue with the new speaker?

2. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

Did you knock a tube loose getting the speaker in/out? Don't know what else it could be

3. freespoken

freespoken Gretschie

Jul 31, 2011
    New Mexico
    Ok definitely not the speaker....works fine plugged into my little travel amp. A bad tube may be the culprit, but they all look like they're powered

4. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

Push them in and make sure they are seated in the sockets properly. It sounds like something isn't getting the proper amount of voltage

5. freespoken

freespoken Gretschie

Jul 31, 2011
    New Mexico
    Problem solved. I had the speaker plugged into the external jack next to the main speaker jack inside the cabinet. The manual says this jack isn't powered without the main speaker plugged in. Apparently it is...just not well. Thanks for the help!

6. freespoken

freespoken Gretschie

Jul 31, 2011
    New Mexico
    Crazy that it worked as long as it did.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.