Amazon: Undeliverable(?!)

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by ZackyDog, Jul 27, 2020.

1. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    I ordered a power supply through Amazon. Apparently, it was shipped from the Bronx, NYC, USA, about 60 miles away. I set the delivery address for a nearby Amazon locker. It was "undeliverable".

This makes no sense to me. Did the Amazon receptacle/locker reject the Amazon driver?

Thanks for letting me vent.

2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I'm sure you'll be posting here soon a NPS thread ;) " If you order it , it will come "

ZackyDog likes this.
  3. sgarnett

sgarnett Synchromatic

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    I assume the power supply was much smaller than the locker. Maybe the lockers were full. Or, maybe there were protesters near or blocking the route to the locker (no political comment intended - please don’t go there). Or, maybe the driver was delayed and couldn’t finish his route.

I bet you will have it soon.

ZackyDog likes this.
  4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I’ve had that happen. A couple of times it was that the UPS store where I get my packages is closed on Sundays. Another time the Suite Number of the store was left off the address so Amazon couldn't find it. (Strangely enough it was rerouted to my work address, which is also in their system.) It’s just a glitch in the system, something likely went wrong in a computer somewhere. It’ll either turn up or you’ll get credit.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    ZackyDog likes this.
  5. lathoto

lathoto Synchromatic

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
    BDWAFQST - Been done with Amazon for quite some time.

Jelly Roll Horton and ZackyDog like this.
  6. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I’ve had some strange delivery problems with Amazon orders over the last few months. I had a package that was supposed to arrive last Monday marked undeliverable in Amazon’s tracking, then UPS tracking claimed it would be delivered on Wednesday. About the EOB Wednesday, I saw a refund hit my Amazon account. In this case, it was some liquid used to clean a K&N air filter and my guess is someone tried to ship it in an envelope, and it leaked.

On thing I’m certain of, is that it didn’t become undeliverable because my house wasn’t where it is supposed to be. I’m pretty certain that I would have noticed something like that. :)

The Amazon lockers, at least in these parts, are a bit of a joke. I don’t know how many times I was unable to ship to a locker, because it was full. I gave up on using them.

When it came to valuable items, I started having them shipped to my workplace, but now that I work from home, that is no longer needed.

Runamok, ZackyDog and drmilktruck like this.
  7. drmilktruck

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I ordered a ceramic spoon rest for our kitchen. It was shipped in a soft envelope. No surprise it was broken.

ZackyDog likes this.
  8. drrohle

drrohle Synchromatic

Jan 3, 2014
    Hays, KS
    I had that happen a few months ago when the delivery truck was involved in an accident and the cargo was damaged and returned to the dist. center. I DID get my money back after a couple months delay.

ZackyDog likes this.
  9. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Our little town has new entertainment.

It's watching those Prime trucks racing around our town of 2k folks, like a dog looking for a lost favorite toy.

Too many packages getting delivered to the wrong address, damaged items, and the imfamous "nondeliverable" notice.

In their defense, FEDEX is running a very close second.

So "on line" ordering is easy, it's just getting the order on time and in one piece.

A new meaning for "Not ready for Prime Time Players" in my rural little town.

I just won't mess with Amazon at all.

ZackyDog likes this.
  10. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    I haven't had that happen in a LONG time until a couple of weeks ago. I ordered a new scooter for my 3 year old's bday. It never showed up, I canceled it and requested a replacement. Got the replacement in 2 days. Just this weekend I got that notification that it was undeliverable. Things just get goofed in shipping from time to time. As automated as we can make things, there's still human error. Either the website wasn't updated with the correct amount in stock (so you bought something that wasn't there) and it got garbled somewhere along the line.

Henry and ZackyDog like this.
  11. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Nah, it was ALIENS!

sgarnett likes this.
  12. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    I've had it happen when they hand it off to USPS for the last final delivery. Had to drive to the PO to get it.

ZackyDog and sgarnett like this.
  13. drmilktruck

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    USPS tracking is the worst. You never have an idea where the item is, until it just shows up one day. It took a small package from Washington state a month to get to me. According to tracking it was still awaiting shipment.

swivel likes this.
  14. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    It pretty much reeks. I have had USPS packages end up in El Paso, for no reason, and then it takes a week for them to get it back to Tucson. You could do better with a pack mule. Tracking is meaningless, as well. I will state the the actual person whom delivers the mail in my neighborhood is excellent.

drmilktruck likes this.
  15. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    At least Amazon knows that Sydney is in Australia. USPS is convinced that Sydney is in the United Arab Emirates, so they send all my stuff to the Middle East. :(

Rmccamey and drmilktruck like this.
  16. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Sorry. :( Apparently our USPS works best in the USA and starts to have trouble once you leave the border?

drmilktruck likes this.
  17. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    90% of the time USPS is amazing. 2-3 days cross country. Then this type of thing happens and non one knows what to do. Especially when the package shows "not shipped", or "received at warehouse" and then NOTHING for weeks.

18. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Well, she arrived days, ago, but has no power supply :(

[​IMG]

Trash Kidd and thunder58 like this.
  19. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    UGH ! ... nice pedal though . Enjoy

ZackyDog likes this.
  20. Gellehaiak

Gellehaiak Newbie

Jul 6, 2021
    USA
    It's bizarre. Have you contacted the company, so they explain it all to you? If you paid for the locker, you should have received a package there. Perhaps there were problems at the post office, and the parcel could be sent to the nearest office. Don't you have a tracking code to track the parcel? A friend of mine recently told me me that it's possible to track package from china, and I have been using this function since. I don't think you should worry about the parcel since Amazon is quite a reliable store. Even if you don't receive the parcel, you either get a refund or a nee item.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.