Alvarez ABT610E Baritone Acoustic-Electric

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by phil66, May 19, 2020.

1. phil66

phil66 Gretschie

Dec 5, 2019
    Indiana
    I was wanting to get a jet. But I could not get my warden aka wife to let me spend that much. so I added to to my little heard of Alvarez guitars I got my first one back in the mid 70's a 12- string. the next one came almost 40 years later in the forum of a Jumbo. well to day I add a big bother to that group. Alvarez ABT610E Baritone. One day that Jet will be mine.
    [​IMG]

2. Freshy

Freshy Synchromatic

Sep 30, 2017
    Homosassa FLA
    Love my Alvarez. Very jealous of Your Baritone. How are the electronics? I got a Alvarez Artist AD80SSB. Its made for guitar forte. Scratch that baby up.

phil66 likes this.
  3. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Congratulations Brother , enjoy

4. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congrats, looks like fun!

5. I had the natural version. It was definitely fun. It made me want to upgrade to a Martin or Taylor baritone but I couldn’t justify the price for something I played occasionally. Which is odd, as I have a room full of guitars I play occasionally.

Ricochet likes this.
  6. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    I want to go the other direction and get an Alvarez Mini-Jumbo. any idea on how the electrics sound would be welcomed here.

7. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I have an Alvarez-Yairi classical. Great guitar. Your bari ought to be fun.

8. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

I've always liked the feel of an Alvarez. Congrats!

phil66 likes this.
  9. phil66

phil66 Gretschie

Dec 5, 2019
    Indiana
    From what little I have used it so far there's not been any Problems with it Knock on wood. I do believe I have found one of the sounds I have always been looking for I didn't know so much music of the 60's and 70's where done on a Baritone.

10. phil66

phil66 Gretschie

Dec 5, 2019
    Indiana
    them and Gretsch are my two go to brands in guitars

LivingMyDream likes this.
  11. Here’s a question. How do the pickups sound? On the one i had, there was an under saddle and a mike type, with a blend knob to give or take each. Although they worked, i tended to get a lot of the low B string, and the other strings didnt have the same volume. So if i has picking it, the B stood out. Unless i turned the bass down a lot, it was uneven. Not sure if it was just my model with this situation, or is it the nature of a really thick low B string.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.