Adorama Black Friday: G5622 center block for $499

section2

Country Gent
Dec 21, 2016
Toronto
That's a great deal. And these are the last of the 5622s with SuperHilotrons, which are wonderful pickups. Snap one up before they're gone!

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
That is a great deal . Adorama does a deal like this maybe twice a year .
FYI - If you happen to call they they close at 2pm on Friday ( Eastern time / NY ) and open again on Sunday 9:30am . Closed Saturdays ( but thats only if you call )

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
I'd pick a guitar ... call Sunday .... and ask if they could do better on the price since the others were on sale . Doesn't hurt to call and ask

radd

Friend of Fred
Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
That's a great deal. And these are the last of the 5622s with SuperHilotrons, which are wonderful pickups. Snap one up before they're gone!

If it was me, I would check first that they are not using old text and pics in their ad. I would want someone to pull one out and read the country it was manufactured in on the headstock before I bought one.

section2

Country Gent
Dec 21, 2016
Toronto
If it was me, I would check first that they are not using old text and pics in their ad. I would want someone to pull one out and read the country it was manufactured in on the headstock before I bought one.

That's a fair observation. I do note that they have the newer models listed separately, at the higher (regular) price, so it looks like they've discounted the older Korean SuperHilotron models to clear them out. But I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask the store to double-check before shipping, just to ensure that they don't ship a new model by mistake.

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
Adaramma does some really great sales occasionally. Last Christmas I bought my "Grintsch", 6120 Hot Rod in Antifreeze Green Sparkle for $1859, had a ton of good deals on Gretsches. I think the deals were only up for 2 days if I recall.

That sale was like December 28. It was a super sale for sure. I think I remember some new pro Gretsch’s Like the G6228 for $1300. Makes me wonder if it was to get rid of stock for tax purposes before the end of the year.

T Bone

Country Gent
Apr 14, 2013
SE Edge of the Mount of Venus
That sale was like December 28. It was a super sale for sure. I think I remember some new pro Gretsch’s Like the G6228 for $1300. Makes me wonder if it was to get rid of stock for tax purposes before the end of the year.
Quite possible on the reasoning. Could have sworn it was a day or two earlier, but I could be wrong. I was working 12 hr nights 7 nights a week (including Christmas) at the time, so it all sort of rolled together.

stevekolt

Electromatic
Dec 1, 2019
West by God Virginia
I ordered my first Gretsch on Friday, a G5622T in Vintage Orange from Adorama. Will be calling tomorrow to find out country of origin, and have the shipping cost refunded, since it listed as free shipping, but buying online did not allow for that option.

Groutsch

Synchromatic
Jun 9, 2018
Maryland, US
The Cyber Monday price is $450, for black or Georgia (mint) green. I'd have pulled the trigger for walnut, but I'm holstering my card tonight.