Acoustic amp?

Discussion in 'Streamliner Gretsch Forum' started by Ol Geezer, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Ol Geezer

Ol Geezer Electromatic

Aug 27, 2020
    Michigan
    Anyone play their Streamliner through a acoustic guitar amp? I’m using a Fender acoustic 200 sounds better to me than my Fishman or my Fender champ.

2. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Acoustic amp is a contradiction in terms.
    If it's amplified, it's no longer acoustic.
    That being said, if it sounds good to you, that's all that matters.

freddyfingers likes this.
  3. Ol Geezer

Ol Geezer Electromatic

Aug 27, 2020
    Michigan
    I guess that’s a good thought. I just wandered if anyone else had tried it, gives you an extra to yodel through

4. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Many so-called acoustic amps have a mike channel. Sound-wise, they're just mini PA systems.

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Agreed 100%

wabash slim likes this.
  6. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    It's a Gretsch! Of course it sounds good.

thunder58 likes this.
  7. Ol Geezer

Ol Geezer Electromatic

Aug 27, 2020
    Michigan
    Never thought of it as a P A but I guess it is. My guitar is a 2420 after many tele’ s and LP’s and others I might have found the one.

GlenP, Henry and wabash slim like this.
  8. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Where in Michigan are you? Both sides of my family lived in the SW corner in Dowagiac. I've got family from Detroit to Marquette. The part of Indian where I grew up used to be part of Michigan long ago. I DJed at a radio station in Niles. I truly miss being up by the Big Lake, tho I don't miss shoveling the feet of snow we got.

9. Ol Geezer

Ol Geezer Electromatic

Aug 27, 2020
    Michigan
    About 20 miles north of where Ohio ,Indiana and Michigan meet . I live in a little town that is so backwards when you cross the county line you go back in time twenty years.

10. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I live in Indiana. When you cross the state line, you've got to set your clock back farther than that. No one really knows why there's a one mile difference in the border where you are.

11. El Marin

El Marin Gretschie

Oct 4, 2018
    Madrid, Spain, EU
    I am going to try next week.

I play in a Rockabilly band. I play Dobro as rhythm guitar through a 60W acoustic amp. NExt week I will take my 6120 just to check how it sounds. I have tested it through the acoustic channel of my Yamaha THR10 and so far is fine...

12. lathoto

lathoto Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
    When an acoustic amp (PA) has a tweeter the highs don't roll off as much. I came up in Ypsilanti so please don't hold that against me.

wabash slim likes this.
  13. S.R.Cash

S.R.Cash Gretschie

Aug 29, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I had my 5420 at the shop and noticed they had the new Fender SFX whatevers in there. The TV-HT's sound terrific cranked on that thing. Be a good little amp for a solo or duo gigger too!

14. navigate40

navigate40 Electromatic

Jul 18, 2020
    FL
    I usually have to bring an acoustic amp (Fishman Loudbox) when I host an open mic. Occasionally, want to play an electric. So, have tested a tele, LP and G5220 through the Fishman. The G5220 consistently sounds good, without any preamps or amp sims at all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.