ABM 2400c Rollerbridge Arrived!

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by RomanSteve, Mar 5, 2021.

1. RomanSteve

RomanSteve Electromatic

Feb 27, 2021
    USA
    Incredibly, it arrived today in the Catskills NY after I ordered it less than four days ago from Germany? It dropped right into place on my 5622. Super happy so far. I bought it from Thomann. Can't say enough about their service. Anyway, here it is. And thanks again for all the help.

IMG_8585.jpg

Aymara, thunder58, T-Bawler and 7 others like this.
  2. Highroller

Highroller Country Gent

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Congrats! That's one fine looking bridge!

3. Fat Bastid

Fat Bastid Gretschie

Jan 16, 2021
    England
    Does it fit well and how much adjustment did it take to get your perfect string height?

4. AllenK

AllenK Gretschie

Hope you enjoy your new bridge.

In answer to the post above, it does need some adjustment to get the right string height as it is taller than the stock TOM. Just turn the two screws that set the height down to your personal taste and you're good to go.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  5. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Gretschie

Jan 11, 2019
    Wokingham
    I had the same one on my G5622T and from Thomann as well. I think they've gone up in price a bit now, which is handy as I've taken it off to sell separately from my guitar when I sell it. Nothing to do with the bridge, but I figured I won't get any extra for the guitar with it on. I put the original bridge back on to prepare the guitar for sale and it's a not as nice for sure.

6. RomanSteve

RomanSteve Electromatic

Feb 27, 2021
    USA
    I'm having the guitar set up next week, I'll you know.

7. RomanSteve

RomanSteve Electromatic

Feb 27, 2021
    USA
    Thanks, man! It's all down to you. I owe you a pint.

8. RomanSteve

RomanSteve Electromatic

Feb 27, 2021
    USA
    Yes, they aren't cheap. But from what I hear they're well worth the money for this upgrade.

Henry and MentalTossFlycoon like this.
  9. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Anyone ever thought to try a graphite roller nut? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. AllenK

AllenK Gretschie

Exactly what I would do if I sell/px my 5622. However, I don't think I'll separately sell the ABM 2400. It's too good to let go of when it might come in useful on another guitar.

Henry, MotorCentaur and KelvinS1965 like this.
  11. AllenK

AllenK Gretschie

Thanks, I hope you are not disappointed!

12. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Good for you. Great bridges.

13. BrianW

BrianW Country Gent

Oct 21, 2014
    Vancouver Island
    Amazing delivery service! I have experienced similar (tbh, that was bronze boat parts in my case) I also have the 2400 bridge, in a G5422... I'm sure you will get along with it just fine.

cheers

14. Back in Black

Back in Black Synchromatic

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    RS,

That ABM Roller bridge is a great piece, and at $140. is very competitive.

If you had drag/detuning issues previously, this new bridge should resolve it.

A bridge like this, should be part of the package, on all current generation Gretsch models with a Bigsby.

Once it's installed, please let us all know how well its functioning.

Best,

BIB.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  15. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Gretschie

Jan 11, 2019
    Wokingham
    I would but it's not much use on my trem-less Les Paul or SG. I reckon I've got nearly a guitar's worth (in price terms) of surplus 'upgrades' to sell on. I need to get them advertised while the shops are low on stock: It's annoying because I'm waiting on a set of vintage tuners for a Strat project and the shop keeps moving the delivery date, blaming Brexit, Covid, etc...would have been better searching out a used set, so I figure I'll do someone else a favour and put my goodies up for grabs. :)

16. Marv666

Marv666 Gretschie

Jul 26, 2020
    Germany
    Great bridges, i have 2 of these and thomann was always a good dealer

17. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    I have one on my Falcon. It definitely "sounds better" than the the stock Space Control bridge. Unfortunately in my case, it sure doesn't roll as well. Which is my only quibble with it. Since it is quite a bit shorter in height than the S-C, the thumbwheels it rests on are very high on the posts. This seems to make it prone to tipping forward when the Bigsby is pressed, and not returning fully to pitch. It stays just a tad sharp, since the bridge rolls forward, and stays there, making it a little sharp. At some point soon, I'll try doubling up the thumbwheels and see if that helps.

audept likes this.
  18. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa Cruz

I told ya, folks just don’t believe buying from Europe here in the US is so easy. I get shipments from Thomann here on the west coast faster than I get StewMac shipments.

I don’t hesitate to buy from Europe, Germany and England especially.

You will love the bridge

ffc65 and audept like this.
  19. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Thomanns service has always been exemplary and one of the most efficient running operations in the business.
    Honestly I would be surprised to see the same level of service from other shops.

radd likes this.
  20. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    Fun City
    I just received the abm-2400 bridge from Thomann but it is missing the set screws for the posts. Does anyone know what size they are (cupped hex set screws) as I am not holding my breath to hear back from Thomann. It will be easier to just order them off of amazon.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.