Abby normal

SLICKFASTER

Country Gent
Dec 29, 2009
USA
Any Nocturne users here roll with the Abby on full time? I’ve been using it as a lead bump, but man, if you set your amp with it on its hard to go back.
Is this too much of a good thing?
It’s got me neglecting my Ubangi and re thinking my sound.. amazingly articulate with break up upon the dig….
Dig?

Snakum

Gretschie
Dec 16, 2012
North Carolina
Just tried it with the Les Paul running clean, gritty, and OD. Not bad. Will run thru it with the Strat and Gretsch tomorrow with all the different tones I need for our set.

SLICKFASTER

Country Gent
Dec 29, 2009
USA
Just read in the BS301, there’s another preamp that hits when the tape warble mode is on… which I never use..

Marv666

Synchromatic
Jul 26, 2020
Germany
Sometimes yeah .... i use it as boost but also to to give the tone a bit more Grit (feels more natural than my tubescreamer)

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Huh. Never occured to me but it seems like a good idea. Its the switch i use the least of the three because i seldom want that volume and drive shift mid song. I will give that a go.

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
Abby always on for my Brains. And the only time my Brains off is when I run a JR Barnyard preamp. I’ve said it before, my Brains like my favorite piece of gear.

sgarnett

Synchromatic
Apr 14, 2020
Kentucky
Abby always on for my Brains. And the only time my Brains off is when I run a JR Barnyard preamp. I’ve said it before, my Brains like my favorite piece of gear.
I have a new Atomic Brain ordered. I was wondering how it would sound in front of El Pescadoro, which has the Barnyard preamp I think. They are kind of opposites, but there’s a lot of tonal options depending on what is switched on.