A Very Stable Three Guitar Stand D&A Hydra Triple Guitar Stand

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by rcboals, Dec 3, 2021.

1. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    See Link below about why you shouldn't buy a Hercules double guitar Stand with only three legs very easy to tip over almost ruined my 77 Guild
    https://www.gretsch-talk.com/thread...guild-x500-wrecked.213445/page-5#post-1444336
    D&A Guitar Gear Hydra Triple Guitar Stand
    My New three Stand six legs extremely stable (unlike Hercules) with one or three guitars does not become lopsided or unbalanced when you remove a guitar or add one. You would have to really work hard at tipping this baby over.

Attached Files:

Sabato, nickurso, thunder58 and 2 others like this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Seems this one will work out better for you Raye . Best with it

mrfixitmi likes this.
  3. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I could build you a Guitar Tree!

upload_2021-12-4_7-22-10.jpeg

4. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Cool, i have the Fender tweed that folds up like an instrument case, hold three guitars sideways very securely, one big hollow and two solids.

GlenP likes this.
  5. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    That looks good! My 3 guitar Hercules is fine. But don't buy the 2 guitar one it's a defective design!

mrfixitmi and rcboals like this.
  6. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    ABSOLUTELY IS BAD DESIGN! You can find several people that have similar experience as mine if you Google it. Enough that would make not buy it. I just submitted my review to Amazon don't know if they will publish it or not.

FIRST Hercules is a fine company with a great reputation but this stand is flawed design wise and can be very unstable. I owned this stand for over two years and only used it a couple time at some local gigs mostly it stayed in the closet. I have two small Hercules floor stands and the are great. I decided I would set this up in my studio practice room so I could have easy access for two guitars to switch between and not have to get up of my lazy rear. This stand will become unstable and lopsided especially if you have a heavier guitar on one side and a lighter one on the other or if you just have one guitar on the stand. Here is what happened, I stood up to grab a strap off the wall and just barely touched the stand it tipped over and made me sick to my stomach as I watched my beautiful 1977 Guild X500 smash into my pedal board. If you research this you will find others with similar stories of how unstable this particular two guitar stand model is. I have read the Hercules three guitar model is more stable but it still only has three tri-pod support legs. If you search Amazon for three guitar stand you find other stable options. This stand went to the metal bin at the dump for recycle. I just couldn't give this unstable stand to somebody. I am just thankful the headstock of my guitar did not snap off.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  7. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    Raye, thanks for the great advice, it appears that the guitars sit on the ground, is that correct? If they do, there is not a problem, since we use area rugs on the hardwood floor, and other rooms are carpeted, but that would lower the center of gravity.

My old Hercules 2 guitar stands were donated to the rubbish. I don't need to demonstrate some one's hardship to get the message, I do appreciate you looking out for us, so thank you!

8. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Back in my band days I had to make sure everything was staggering drunk proof... Wasn't easy.... but I think that six-legged stand would work Raye!

9. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    There will be nothing but Squiers on stage at any of my drunken gigs, maybe my 5120 but i am pretty careful with that one.

10. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Did you get your Guild to a Luthier yet?

11. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Mine is this one, ive had it for at least 15 years with no trouble. The way it holds guitars in the center i think they would probably be safe even if it fell back. Screenshot_2021-12-04-10-39-57-1.png

GlenP and Gregor like this.
  12. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    wildeman likes this.
  13. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    rcboals likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.