A little victory.

BCRatRod73

Synchromatic
Sep 1, 2020
Mississippi
After a long time of trying, giving up, trying again, rinse and repeat I can finally do the vibrato on an up bent note thing. Vibrato on a down bent note? No problem. The up bent note vibrato eluded me for way too long. Just the other day it finally happened. I guess it’s just all in the wrist.
Now if I can just get it to sound like Paul Kossoff. Hahaha.

Gregor

Country Gent
Oct 17, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Well done. The "little" victories are the ones that count the most. Added together they're what makes us what we are. Not enough of us spend time practicing vibrato including me. Thanks for the inspiration.

Armygirl

Country Gent
Mar 14, 2014
Edinburgh
After a long time of trying, giving up, trying again, rinse and repeat I can finally do the vibrato on an up bent note thing. Vibrato on a down bent note? No problem. The up bent note vibrato eluded me for way too long. Just the other day it finally happened. I guess it’s just all in the wrist.
Now if I can just get it to sound like Paul Kossoff. Hahaha.
I'm still at the trying, giving up and trying stage...

BCRatRod73

Synchromatic
Sep 1, 2020
Mississippi
I’m kinda jealous but then again I just started practicing that move. It’s a hard one for sure. Congrats!I
Thanks. One of the books I have is called Blues Guitar. There’s a section called Bend and Vibrato where they say, “Now it’s time to separate the men from the boys and the women from the girls. The ability to bend and then vibrato a note is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.” Ha. I just need to practice it more and refine it now.