A Gretsch Falcon May Be Your # One.

Zeek

Country Gent
May 29, 2016
Illinois USA
My 335 gets ALOT of love while my Falcon sets in the case. Sad but true ...I should move her along to a more loving home.

Falconetti

Synchromatic
Sep 18, 2012
Bagsville, Oxford UK
I have both a Memphis 335 and a Silver Falcon. I don’t play either of them as much as I would like. I don’t feel bad about it and I would never sell either because I may play them to death at some point. You know when a guitar is a keeper…..so keep it is my motto. Neither of these are my current No1 but they very, very fine instruments and I love them. 442C80ED-44EA-4FEA-94B8-0CEEFB883C80.jpeg 6904678C-BCC1-43EF-BAD0-4413E8FA0F4D.jpeg 3FE0AEB1-11CD-44EA-8B7C-B4B6D17E48FB.jpeg

cowmoo

Country Gent
Aug 19, 2011
North Wales
1CD36F32-C119-4CF2-8023-CAE201BB58F9.jpeg 7EB2B3D1-8630-491F-AECD-6E834D5915BD.jpeg
I’m just about to fit some flats on the silver falcon. It doesn’t come out much. Think it needs a new vocation. 12” radius kind of feels weird after the comfort of the 9.5 on the Setzer Phoenix.
The phoenix has been my only gigging guitar for the past 10 years. Got some nice wear n tear happening now.

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
View attachment 191068 View attachment 191069
I’m just about to fit some flats on the silver falcon. It doesn’t come out much. Think it needs a new vocation. 12” radius kind of feels weird after the comfort of the 9.5 on the Setzer Phoenix.
The phoenix has been my only gigging guitar for the past 10 years. Got some nice wear n tear happening now.
That silver falcon is everything i want in a silver or white falcon, i have seen 2 silver falcons up forsale locally but they have the horizontal logo on the headstock and thumbnails inlays.

If one exactly like your came up forsale here i'd be less a kidney cos i would have to have it, especially seeing yours has a Cadillac tail piece, very nice guitar you have there.

cowmoo

Country Gent
Aug 19, 2011
North Wales
That silver falcon is everything i want in a silver or white falcon, i have seen 2 silver falcons up forsale locally but they have the horizontal logo on the headstock and thumbnails inlays.

If one exactly like your came up forsale here i'd be less a kidney cos i would have to have it, especially seeing yours has a Cadillac tail piece, very nice guitar you have there.
We’re you looking for an ‘04 specifically? I’m sure you had a wanted ad up a while ago? I had an 03 once, must’ve just been at the change to Fender running things as it had the smaller pots in it. They seem to come either pre drilled for a caddy tail or supplied with one in the case as both have the holes ready for them. Likely someone removed it or added a B6 afterwards as both mine came with a B6. I added the caddy tail.

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
We’re you looking for an ‘04 specifically? I’m sure you had a wanted ad up a while ago? I had an 03 once, must’ve just been at the change to Fender running things as it had the smaller pots in it. They seem to come either pre drilled for a caddy tail or supplied with one in the case as both have the holes ready for them. Likely someone removed it or added a B6 afterwards as both mine came with a B6. I added the caddy tail.
It wasn't me but i do remember the add now that you mention it, that is good to know the 03/04s come drilled for the both tail pieces though, I'll keep an eye out for those years, i thought they may have only come as a bigsby unit but love the caddy tail piece so i thought yours may have been a specific model.
Now to patiently wait for one to surface.

Viking Power

Synchromatic
Jun 11, 2018
Mountlake Terrace, WA
I played my buddy’s 345 for the better part of a day with the thought of maybe buying it off him. Didn’t.
I’ll stick with my Falcon though I think 335/345 Gibsons are sweet in their own right. For me, I need some twang.

cowmoo

Country Gent
Aug 19, 2011
North Wales
It wasn't me but i do remember the add now that you mention it, that is good to know the 03/04s come drilled for the both tail pieces though, I'll keep an eye out for those years, i thought they may have only come as a bigsby unit but love the caddy tail piece so i thought yours may have been a specific model.
Now to patiently wait for one to surface.
Also my ‘03 had the two volume pots in a different place. I have a brochure from that era and it shows the differences. (I’ll dig it out) Still not sure whether they come with the option of installing a caddy or people just throw them out and add a B6. Love to find that pile of caddy tails!!! 3ADC9A93-8A06-4DC0-90DC-648EF1373618.jpeg

Last edited:

Falconetti

Synchromatic
Sep 18, 2012
Bagsville, Oxford UK
Also my ‘03 had the two volume pots in a different place. I have a brochure from that era and it shows the differences. (I’ll dig it out) Still not sure whether they come with the option of installing a caddy or people just throw them out and add a B6. Love to find that pile of caddy tails!!!
FWIW my Falcon is a 2004 and came with a Bigsby fitted but with no Caddy tailpiece. I bought it second hand but it was mint and had clearly never been played. I doubt the owner would have done any mods. They didn’t even take the plastic off the pickguard. That Caddy certainly suits the guitar but having spent so long working out how to keep it in tune I will stick with the Bigsby

BTW is this the same Falcon you modded with the tiny red rhinestones in the fret marker dots ? I recall a thread of yours many years ago where you did that and i thought it was a genius idea at the time. If it is the same guitar I wondered how it worked out over time ?

Lou Coppolino

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
When I attended the Summer Philly (Oaks), Pa. guitar show, I traded my '07 Jet Glo Rickenbacker 370 even up for a limited edition 2 Tone Gretsch Falcon.

It was an even up trade and no $'s were involved.

Great deal for me.

The Rick cost me $1599.00 + tax and I got a new Gretsch Falcon that lists for $3699.00

Ooohhhhhhhh...........

gretschfalconcoppersahara.jpg
gretschfalconcoppersaharabody.jpg
gretschfalconcoppersaharaback.jpg
gretschfalconcoppersaharaheadstock.jpg

I plan on going to the Fall Show Saturday Nov. 5, 2022 and hope to do a trade for another Gretsch.

My Kramer Prototype Stagemaster I and my one of two Kramer Stagemaster I for , possibly, a Gretsch Penguin.

See you there.

I'll be the beggar with the puppy eyes and 2 Kramer guitars.

I'm one of the few fortunate ones with 2 Grestch Falcon's.

2018gretschg6135t-59vs.jpg

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou Coppolino

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
@Lou Coppolino You did good on that trade, i will say i have played one of the copper falcons on person and they are nice, if it was all copper and not two tone I'd probably have taken it home with me, well i still think about doing it now but yeah.
Thank you.

Yeah, the 2 tone Falcon was hard to pass up.

I played it acoustically and the deal was done.

The tone and mojo was there.

Let's go home together.

It's almost like Carl Verheyen telling me to play an open B string and feeling the body if the note resonates.

Well, it did.

Again, it's for me.

Last edited:

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
Also my ‘03 had the two volume pots in a different place. I have a brochure from that era and it shows the differences. View attachment 191144

Yes, my 03 Falcon has the same control knob layout.
full

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
Another thing about my 03 is it has a great neck ,much nicer/chunkier than the other two i have,don't know if they were all like that in 03 but i wish they made them like that now.