A Couple of Sunburst Gretsches

GrimSlim

Electromatic
Jul 22, 2022
Canada
Just thought I’d share this dynamic duo here, I managed to pick up this really cool 1954 Gretsch Synchromatic with a DeArmond monkey-on-a-stick pickup over the weekend.

I know Gretsch isn’t exactly known for their sunburst finishes but I think these two look really good. Although I do hope to get something orange in the future!

1954 Gretsch Synchromatic 100 & 1962 Gretsch Anniversary

168F4455-1F7A-47F7-AAA5-35F72732C6D3.jpeg

GrimSlim

Electromatic
Jul 22, 2022
Canada
Nice!

I’m curious how the playability of necks compare? Are the neck profiles similar or do they feel different?

The necks actually feel very similar, I haven’t done any measurements, but aside from the flatwounds on the 54 and the rounds on the 62, it would be tough telling them apart.

GrimSlim

Electromatic
Jul 22, 2022
Canada
Lovin' that monkey pup. What's the story with that?
I wish I knew the story of how this guitar got pieced together, I actually previously bought this exact guitar a few years ago and traded it in an effort to get an old Mosrite guitar of mine back. It had made its rounds and was up for a good deal, and I managed to score it back.

You can see the mismatched wood where there once was a couple holes drilled for pots, there’s also a couple filled holes where a surface mount pickup used to be too. The DeArmond pickup is fully installed on the guitar too and hardwired.