A Couple of NGD’s

Neal

Electromatic
Oct 12, 2013
Virginia
I am primarily an acoustic guitar player with a taste for old Gibsons. But, for the longest time, I have wanted a green Double Anniversary with Filtertrons.

Now I have one, made in 2004.

image.jpg

image.jpg

After receiving it, I stumbled upon an affordable 5125 with Dearmond 2000’s on it and couldn’t resist. I then added the olive wood pickguard.

image.jpg

So, a month ago, I had zero Gretsch guitars. Now I have two!

Here they are with the rest of my electrics.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 5

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Very nice collection all around. Did you make that wood pickguard yourself, or where did you find it?

It just needs a script logo Gretsch burned into it!

J Bird

Synchromatic
Dec 2, 2016
Enumclaw
Please give us a rundown comparing the two. I keep thinking that I need one of those DeArmond equipped hollowbodies. Convince me even more.

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Very nice collection you have there with some really cool looking guitars.
I personally love Anniversaries, something about 'no frills' construction of them that just scream coolness to me, and dynas are just great sounding pickups.
Congrats and happy playing.

Neal

Electromatic
Oct 12, 2013
Virginia
Very nice collection all around. Did you make that wood pickguard yourself, or where did you find it?

It just needs a script logo Gretsch burned into it!
I bought the pickguard for the 5125 from a seller in Greece via Reverb:

The seller is Electric Church Pickguards. Fits like a glove.

Neal

Electromatic
Oct 12, 2013
Virginia
Please give us a rundown comparing the two. I keep thinking that I need one of those DeArmond equipped hollowbodies. Convince me even more.
The 5125 (made in Korea in 2005) definitely has more "balls" to it. What little it gives up in build quality is made up for by those 2000's. Incredible guitar for under $500, shipped from Sam Ash, in a decent case.

But there is something to be said for an early Japanese Fender-era proline Gretsch with HSFT's. Plays with such ease. Smooth. Twangy. Stays in tune. And it's green...a real show-stopper.

mister rain

Synchromatic
Apr 23, 2020
new orleans
I am primarily an acoustic guitar player with a taste for old Gibsons. But, for the longest time, I have wanted a green Double Anniversary with Filtertrons.

View attachment 187705

View attachment 187706

After receiving it, I stumbled upon an affordable 5125 with Dearmond 2000’s on it and couldn’t resist. I then added the olive wood pickguard.

View attachment 187707

View attachment 187709
edit - nm, answered

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Congrats! Don't be surprised if you wind up playing that Electromatic at least as much as the Annie. DeArmonds in a big ol' hollowbody are one of the sweetest sounds around!

Lou Coppolino

Synchromatic
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ

View attachment 187705

View attachment 187706

View attachment 187707

View attachment 187709

You've been busy.

Me likey.

Latest posts