For Sale 2nd PRICE DROP! Ibanez Artcore AFS75TD hollow body electric guitar

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Lacking Talent, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Country Gent

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Another $50 off, NOW $749 to your door in the Lower 48!

Look, this 2004 Ibanez AFS75TD-TQ-12-01 is a terrific ES-style axe in a rare finish color that's in fantastic shape and equipped with a pair of bright-sounding humbuckers that deliver a variety of tones both clean and dirty, but I've finally chosen to face facts: when it comes to sound holes on electric guitars, I'm just much more of a "cat's eye" (and "slash"-cut) guy, so, my quirky, "ƒ"-hole hating aesthetic taste is your gain, 'cause I'm lucky enough to already have a similarly sized and built Gretsch G3161 Historic Series Streamliner with cat's eyes that covers the shallow depth hollow body tonal bases, and thus am going to let this Excellent condition MIC '04 go. For the curious -- from mildly to seriously -- here are all the deets on this gorgeous looker and great player...

Designed to emulate the Gibson ES-330, this fully hollow body in a thin archtop form factor is really comfortable to play, generates controllable, musical-sounding feedback when you want it (and doesn't when you don't), and simply sounds great. A lightweight that reads as only 6.6 lb on my digital home scale, the guitar's got an arched laminated maple top with stylized letter "ƒ"-shaped sound holes and ivory multi-binding on maple back and sides with a single cutaway mated to a set-in mahogany neck with a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with ivory-hued binding and pearl block position markers. Components include a pair of Ibanez Artcore humbucking pickups with chrome covers and individual volume and tone controls, a Tune-O-Matic style roller bridge on a wooden base with a matte-finished, Ibanez-branded, Bigsby B6-style vibrato tailpiece, a plastic nut, ivory-hued pickguard (not presently installed, as pictured) and matching pickup rings, see through "speed" knobs with an amber base, and aftermarket Grover tuners (as pictured) which replaced the not-included Ibanez stock machines. The striking, somewhere between Surf Green and Sea Foam Green finish color -- which Ibanez called "Turquoise" ("TQ" for short), which I assure you, it isn't -- was offered only from mid-2003 t0 2005, so I doubt it'd be possible for you to find another example of this becoming collectible guitar with this finish in this condition. Ships in a brand new, form fitting, plush lined Ibanez hard shell case (as pictured) made for this very line of guitars.

Now asking $749 ground shipped CONUS, feel free to PM me for payment details and with any questions you may have. Appreciative of any interest, but am not looking at trades. Here are a bunch of pix, and two videos (neither -- lucky for you -- featuring me) demonstrating the guitar's tonal versatility; for more vids, search "AFS75T" on YouTube. Thanks for checking out this offering!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021 at 10:46 PM
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    The Artcore is a great guitar .... and look gang , it comes with a case too . Best with the sale my friend

3. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Country Gent

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    The God of Thunder hath spake!

4. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    That is one nifty guitar. I'd probably take it off your hands, but I already have two. If I get a third than I have to go to a meeting. The coffee is of limited appeal.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.