For Sale 1967 6119 Tennessean - Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by wyantz, Sep 18, 2020.

1. wyantz

wyantz Electromatic

Jul 22, 2020
    Henderson, NV
    Binding 6.JPG 1967 Gretsch 6119 Tennessean
    $2900

This 1967 Gretsch Tennessean is a nice example of one of the most iconic guitars of all-time and made famous by George Harrison of the Beatles. This one has the sound that was captured most notably during the recording of “Beatles for Sale,” “Help,” and "Beatles ’65" albums. George used his Tennessean throughout this time period. You can hear the distinctive sound of the Tennessean throughout these recordings, particularly with the songs like “Honey Don’t,” where you can really hear the Tennessean’s “thump,” the sweet highs that can be heard on “I Don’t Want to Spoil the Party,” and “I’m a Loser.” This is a solid vintage Gretsch Tennessean of which you would be proud to own.

Headstock

The headstock is absolutely beautiful, front, and back. I mention this because surface cracks on the headstock are common on vintage Gretsch’s. This one is perfect.

Tuners

These Van Ghent tuners are in mint condition, clean, turn exceptionally smooth, and stay in tune.

Neck

Is in beautiful condition front and back. You can see in the pictures that the Brazilian Rosewood fretboard is in wonderful condition and the frets are polished and clean. The binding is in great shape. You will notice in one of the pictures only one small area at the 12th and 13th fret that was corrected by Luthier and is secure and stable. Also, notice in the pictures how clean the nut is. Straight neck, functioning truss rod, and excellent action.

Pickups/Controls

Original “Hi-Lo Tron” pickups, 3-way selector switch, 3-way tone selector, standby switch, 2 individual volumes, and a master volume.

Bigsby Vibrato

The Bigsby operates smoothly, perfect height, and just the right amount of tension.

Bridge

The bar bridge was replaced years ago with a Tune-O-Matic bridge with nylon saddles. The tone is as sweet as ever and the ability to intonate each string is big plus.

Body

This Tennessean is in beautiful condition all the way around. Very light play wear for 53-year old guitar and just a few light checking marks on top and lower bout.

Pickguard

NO CRACKS

OHSC

The original case is in exceptionally good condition cosmetically, and structurally.

Please let me know if you have any questions or If I can provide any additional information. Thanks for looking. wyantz@a0l.com Body front 1.JPG View attachment 146926 Body back 1.JPG Binding 3.JPG Back heel cap.png Fretboard 2.JPG Headstock 3.JPG Headstock 4.JPG Case 1.JPG

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Srellim1, JC higgy, lathoto and 4 others like this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    She's in beautiful condition , best with the sale

wyantz likes this.
  3. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN

What he said. Great looking guitar.

wyantz and thunder58 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.