1960 Gretsch Single Anniversary

knavel

Country Gent
Dec 26, 2009
London, England
6124 if sunburst; 6125 if two tone green.

Assuming that your profile pic is the guitar you are talking about then as it looks like the paint's been taken off, you might not know which one.

daverave

Gretschie
May 11, 2009
so Cal
it is hard to say which it was if the model is not visible. i show sunbursts around serial 38709 in my records. you can look in the pick up cavity, or under the neck of the guitar where it joins the body for any original paint residue.

Wayne Gretschzky

Country Gent
Aug 27, 2008
East Coast
Batches of Annie's were comprised of both brown sunburst and 2-tone green within the run (typically 100 at a time). I would guess they used the nicer tops for the sunburst, and if there were any imperfections in the maple, those went for the 2-tone finish (opaque). The original pickguard would be the only other clue (gold = sunburst, green = 2-tone)... otherwise the features are the same between the two finishes.

rollingdam

Electromatic
Jun 8, 2011
Ottawa Ontario Canada
it is hard to say which it was if the model is not visible. i show sunbursts around serial 38709 in my records. you can look in the pick up cavity, or under the neck of the guitar where it joins the body for any original paint residue.

The serial number of mine is just a few away from 38709 so good chance it was a sunburst

knavel

Country Gent
Dec 26, 2009
London, England
If you can't find a fleck of paint anywhere on the body, neck, back of headstock or look really really hard at the faded model number the bset you can do is speculate.

The only speculation I have is that if someone shaved off a sunburst they may have kept the pickguard because as a gold one it would look OK with the wood top. But the green not so much, so maybe it was green since you got no pickguard??