For Sale 1958 Gretsch Duo Jet that belonged to Brian Setzer

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by SuperB23, May 13, 2021.

1. nightbird

nightbird Electromatic

May 4, 2013
    arizona
    Any possibility you can post a picture of the letter from the store owner on here or your Reverb ad?
    You also said that the guitar was used on several recordings and was just wondering where you got that info.
    And I agree, the wear on the Bigsby matches.
    You also said that TV Jones set it up in the "90's. Other than a setup was anything changed? Reason I ask is it's known that Brian has had TV make changes on some of his guitars.
    How long Have you owned it?

thunder58 likes this.
  2. SuperB23

SuperB23 Gretschie

Jan 5, 2009
    Bay Area California
    I'd be glad to chat with you via PM or email. I bought it about 2-3 years back. A lot of info I got on it came from phone conversations with the previous owner, TV Jones and the shop owner at Willies who dealt directly with Brian on the guitar when it came in.

3. SuperB23

SuperB23 Gretschie

Jan 5, 2009
    Bay Area California
    Price drop, motivate to sell, still trying to free up cash from my guitar collection due to a career change.

4. SuperB23

SuperB23 Gretschie

Jan 5, 2009
    Bay Area California
    Added some photos of the letter from Willies, the label in the control cavity and the pots to my reverb listing.

5. nightbird

nightbird Electromatic

May 4, 2013
    arizona
    Thanks for the photos. You would think that after 26 years of owning it and recorded with, there would be photos or video of Brian playing this guitar.
    Hey Mr. Setzer! Chime in. What's the skinny on this guitar?

6. SuperB23

SuperB23 Gretschie

Jan 5, 2009
    Bay Area California
    Boy I'd love it if he really did chime in!

7. SuperB23

SuperB23 Gretschie

Jan 5, 2009
    Bay Area California
    Big price drop $7800 plus any shipping and PayPal charges.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.