Plymouth, MN
This is still the the most beautiful Anni:

g6118t-players-edition-anniversary-with-string-thru-bigsby.jpg

Of course it is!

ponca

Gretschie
Nov 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I've always like the Jaguar Tan scheme, but wow - that's stunning! Where can I buy one and how much?

Lots of places should have them (off the top of my head, Riff City and Adorama both do). You can find it quickly by searching for "gretsch anniversary iridium." $2,200.

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Ouch! Last time I looked at a new Anni they were about $1800. Guess I shouldn't be surprised they've gone up, but dang, that's almost as much as a 6120!

Seems they've sort of ditched the idea that Anni's are "downline" from a Nashville.

Anyway, thanks for the info Ponca. For me, I'm good buying a $500 guitar online, but for $2200 I wanna see that baby in real life. Looks like I'll be making the rounds of Portland guitar shops again... ahhh, what a shame. Ha!

---

T-Ruxx

Electromatic
Jan 27, 2019
Keizer Oregon
I pulled the trigger on the 135th 5420TG finally, and I love it!!
I'm wondering what, besides the paint scheme , identifies it as a Anniversary?!

Wozob

Country Gent
Jul 6, 2014
The Netherlands

Congretschulations! That's a cool guitar.
Anniversary is the model name of the guitar which was originally a stripped down 6120 first introduced to celebrate Gretsch's 75th anniversary. At different anniversaries Gretsch released different colour schemes (and other slight changes) of the Anniversary guitar.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
I could be wrong, but I think it's the only Gretsch with compressed ebony fingerboard and bridge base.

T-Ruxx

Electromatic
Jan 27, 2019
Keizer Oregon
Yeah it's got compressed fretboard and bridge base. Only time will tell how the ebony OSB pressboard is going to hold up!! It plays well, it just look odd, like fake odd, Dark and shiny. The good news? The grain is vertical, not stacked horizontal, so the wear shouldn't be like layers of paint !!

I was thinking a custom pickguard with this on it , or a truss nut cover with 135th on it. Something to set it apart!

9227857135.png

Fret speedbump

Electromatic
Jun 27, 2018
Sweden
So, finally after just about a year of savings and discussions with myself, I yesterday pulled the trigger and ordered an anniversary model that will in a few days join my current gang of suspect criminals of sound (a gibson, two epiphone, two yamahas and so on).
Started looking at the G5420T in fairlane blue but ended up with the G6118T-135...

drmilktruck

I Bleed Orange
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
Noticed how the price of Electros has crept up in the last few years? Whoever it is at Gretsch, he is no marketing fool.

Then they created the Streamliner series that filled the old Electromatic price point.

On the high end they split the ProLines, more by features though, not price.

Fender style niche marketing. Offer something for everybody. Many variations on a theme.

Fret speedbump

Electromatic
Jun 27, 2018
Sweden
I wish Gretsch in 2020 would release a G5420T in dark Royal blue burst with Gold hardware and crisp white bindings (bindings that do not loose colour and slowly turns yellow over time...). Could I also hope for block or doubble block inlays?

I would get it instantly...