“Tell Me” - An original blues rock on a Gretsch

Discussion in 'Gretsch-Talk Music' started by collama, Apr 6, 2021.

1. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    A buddy and I decided to spend some time over the cold dark winter recording some original music. We both write songs - I’ve performed some with a band I used to be in, and he has recorded an album with a band he was in some years ago. We live in different regional so we had to do this separately, recording and re-recording our parts and passing the files back and forth. Interesting learning experience and I think the song came out pretty good. I recorded all the guitars parts on my Gretsch g5620t into a Laney Lionheart with a couple of pedals.

I’d love to get feedback from Gretsch musical community here. Give it a listen.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/btCb4ujP1tJ5vFzn8

2. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    I liked it, great vocals, wonderful guitar, however, two minutes in the Santana-esque guitar is nothing short of ear candy. Thanks for sharing this.

3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Nice work, thick guitar sound and great vocals!

4. brownie

brownie Country Gent

Oct 29, 2013
    Spain
  5. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    Thanks listening and for the feedback. So, just to clarify, do you think the guitar solo adds something or does ear candy mean it’s nice but doesn’t really add to the song? Serious question that’ll hlep me figure out whether to change it.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  6. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    Thank you!

audept likes this.
  7. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    Thanks!

8. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    Ear Candy is a wonderful thing, it helps the song. If it were me, I would add some of the guitar solo earlier on, as a teaser. So when it comes on again later, it is like hearing from a cherished friend.

collama likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.