Zzyzx SnapJack Cables..

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by araT, Aug 22, 2009.

1. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Have any of you ever tried out the Zzyzx SnapJack Cables?

[​IMG]

I have to admit, I find the idea quite intriguing - I can think of 100s of ways I'd like to use these at home.. letalone in a studio or live situation..

From what I've read, there is no noise when disconnecting or connecting the cables from the detachable ends, and the audio quality is as good as a regular cable.

for around $20 for a 15ft lead, and around $10 for a spare set of tips they aren't expensive at all & I'm very temped to order one

Any of you seen them? heard of them? better yet tried one?

2. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I've been quite curious about these myself.

3. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    I've been reading a lot about them the last week or so, I really hope someone here can shed some light on them for us Mark! so far I can't find any good proper reviews from real users.

4. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    I would think that there is to many connections, where there is connnection, you have room for problems!

5. Renegade

Renegade Country Gent

Jun 21, 2009
    Seattle
    I checked their website and read through some of the guitar magazine reviews...they seem like a cool idea.

6. Jeff O

Jeff O Country Gent

Sep 25, 2008
    The Motor City
    They work fine. Just don't think they're worth the money.

PLUS - the design was for people that had multiple guitars and needed to change often.

Good if you're just a lazy fat slob, though.

7. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Yeah, this is my greatest worry with em..

Jeffo, I think they'd be great on stage (or wondering around home) so that when you tread on the cable (or get caught on something or whatever) you don't damage anything, trip over, or hear that godawful noise as you get unplugged unintentionally.

I also think it would be pretty cool to be able to have two different pedal boards set up & swap between them without having to switch everything off, ie; between songs. Or even using them as patchleads between pedals (especially if you could just use 2 ends together) to make shuffling your rig around a bit easier :)

8. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    Like I said, I wouldn't trust them, they leave to much room for problems

9. Jeff O

Jeff O Country Gent

Sep 25, 2008
    The Motor City
    I'm with Jukey on that.

If they come apart when you step on them, there's a good chance they'll interrupt your performance. If you're THAT worried about it, spend a grand and get a top notch wireless system.

Maybe it comes with age, but it's been a LONG time since I stepped on a cable and broke something. Or pulled the cable out. Either you get smarter, used to it, or you lose the wreckless abandon that leads to a stupid move like unplugging yourself in the middle of your big solo.

10. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    I've never done it, but I do think about it ;) especially since seeing these!
    (hey, what can I say, they had a good advertising pitch!)

I think you guys are right, they aren't worth it - still, it's a pretty cool idea :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice