Zombies Duo Jet

Discussion in 'Vintage Gretsch Discussion' started by No-name, Aug 1, 2010.

1. No-name

No-name Synchromatic

Jun 30, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Has anyone seen a picture of, or remember seeing, the Zombies with a Duo Jet? a friend of mine has a guitar he got from his dad who owned a music store back in the 60's. apparently the dad called my friend one day and said there was a band in the shop called the "Grave Diggers", and he should come to the shop if he wanted to meet them. my friend had never heard of them so he didn't bother. later, his dad said he had gotten the name wrong it was the "Zombies", and they traded a gretsch.

I hope to post some photos soon. apparently it was an anniversary model made in the 50s?!? does this sound right?

he said it is green, but the colors are reversed. I am not sure what that means. interesting.

2. No-name

No-name Synchromatic

Jun 30, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Thanks Sarge I hope to have pict posted soon.

3. no problem, Matt. my old Annie is the guitar that I learned to play on. I've had it since 1966.

is that first one is the right guitar ? that picture doesn't show the correct shade of green. but they were either green or tobacco sunburst.

4. Wayne Gretschzky

Wayne Gretschzky Country Gent

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    Ok... Im confused. So why were you asking about a Duo Jet, if the guitar in question is an Anniversary?

5. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Yeah, I'm stumped too :confused: we want jet content :D

6. No-name

No-name Synchromatic

Jun 30, 2010
    Cody, WY
    I haven't seen his guitar. when I showed him a picture of my Duo Jet, he said it looked a lot like his. It may be that he was confused, or not looking in much detail. Once I get the photos, we'll get a better idea. sorry for the false alarm.

7. sroux

sroux Country Gent

Oct 6, 2008
    Baton Rouge Louisiana
    Mmm.....a Duo Jet in Annie 2-tone!

Me likey !

8. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Now you've gone & done it - you've planted the seed, now Darin is gonna read this, and using his über photochopping skillz he'll bang up a proto-image, and then all 3 of us will be left drooling & dreaming of one even more.. I'm still GASsing from his last batch of proto-jets - http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/members/crooner-albums-my-new-duo-jet-line-s.html

you've opened pandora's box, my friend.. and there ain't no closing it :p

9. daverave

daverave Gretschie

May 11, 2009
    so Cal
    i have seen them with a Rick. and in the she's not there "Top of the Pops" video, they have a stage gretsch CG or Nashville (has no strings)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice