Zepp "Ten Years Gone" solo cover

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by JohnnyRingo, Jul 18, 2012.

1. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo Gretschie

Jul 13, 2008
    Georgia
    Hello old friends,I hope everybody is doing good and holding on to their Gretsch's.Unfortunately,I am still without a Gretsch in the stable,but it should'nt be too long before I'm back on the Bigsby,so to speak.:eek:
    Anyways,I always respected a lot of people here and their musical tastes and opinions,so I thought I'd share this.Just my take on the solo section of a song I always loved.Plus I got to play it on my Les Paul that I've held on to for twenty years.Hope you like it and Thank's.

Sorry,I cannot embed videos for some reason lately.Hope the link is good.
    http://youtu.be/n_CjO9MGP94

2. cowmoo

cowmoo Country Gent

Aug 19, 2011
    North Wales
    Nice :) Its good to see someone else play it, I'll learn the correct positions off you! my attempts are not too far out, it was always the chords behind this section that got me.
    I have some bootleg Zepp stuff that makes me cringe when i hear Pageys meanderings live, he must've been high, but for structuring, melody, inventiveness and sheer riffing power, pagey will always be tops.
    Now why did i sell my les pauls??

3. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo Gretschie

Jul 13, 2008
    Georgia
    Thank's,yea those chords behind are a bit tricky.Funny that the chords behind the solo are harder than the solo:D.Rumour has it that he layered upward of fourteen guitars in the song.The thing with Page that I always thought was so cool was the little things that he would do that most people and many players never even notice.

4. cowmoo

cowmoo Country Gent

Aug 19, 2011
    North Wales
    Here's a version of Bron Yr Aur I did on my girlfriends soundcloud, with some over zealous phasing!!! I've also done Celebration Day when I was first attempting to sing 4yr ago, I'll see if thats on there too :)

http://soundcloud.com/vixen666/bron-yr-aur

5. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo Gretschie

Jul 13, 2008
    Georgia
    Good job on Bron Yr Aur.I wanted to play that,The Rain Song and Thats the Way soooo bad when I did'nt have an acoustic.I've had one now for about two years and maybe played it ten minutes.Go figure.I'll check out your other stuff when I get home later.Stray Cat Strut for sure.

6. cowmoo

cowmoo Country Gent

Aug 19, 2011
    North Wales
    Oh No! They're on there too! They are just attempts for fun, My girlfriend sang Strut as she'd never had a go at doing a song before. We did Bobby Mcgee a few weeks ago after messing round with it for a few hours.I used a homemade archtop unplugged for the strut, and the bass simulator to get a slap sound, and tapped in by hand the drum sounds. (do 'em all like that)
    I think theres a lot more stuff on here I tunes she's gonna put on there, much to my annoyance!!
    I seem to pick up the acoustic more anyway, the Rain songs great to play especially the end sequence.
    Thats your next project sorted!

7. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo Gretschie

Jul 13, 2008
    Georgia
    Indeed...My next project.:cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice