Zamboni Driver Saves the Game

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Feb 23, 2020.

1. afire

afire Country Gent

I heard part of an interview with the guy, and it sounds like he wasn't totally unqualified, as his performance evidently showed. If I understood it correctly, I think he was employed by a professional team at one time, but never saw any playing time. Maybe on the practice squad or something like that.

drmilktruck likes this.
  2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    If they want to do that, the league will have to pay more. The last guy was a few years ago in Chicago. Not too many talented goalies are going to sit around waiting to be called.

Maybe just put the five holes practice shield over the net and skip the goalie!

DaddyDog likes this.
  3. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    Employed by the Leafs’ organization as a practice goalie. So imagine the Leafs playing against him! That’s why the Leaf players were tapping his pads at end of the second period. They all know him!

Now imagine if this were a critical game for getting into the playoffs. And, as far as I know, it could have been playoffs! He could have conveniently let every shot slip into the net.

drmilktruck likes this.
  4. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice