Your Valentines plans?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Feb 14, 2020.

1. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    ^^^wow showed up black ..its actually purple
    VMload in 6.19.jpg

2. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Very Royal!

BFTmarshall likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Ha-ha... don’t add any pressure. @Trash Kidd is likely going to hear it enough from others he knows. Just let them enjoy the marriage. Plus, not everyone is able to conceive even when they try.

Trash Kidd and Bertotti like this.
  4. Teledriver

Teledriver Gretschie

Feb 12, 2011
    Iowa City, IA
    Let's see...woke up at 11:30 pm last night to get to work by 1:00 am. -4 at the time. Long 9-hour day (the 25th anniversary of me starting at the place, BTW. 2/14/1995. Was gonna take a sick day, but with others' vacations and a few sick people I just couldn't call in. Dedicated or dumb?). Bought pink and red roses after work (beautiful)...nap...our dry air has given the wife a sinus headache....here I am reading and posting on this forum....yeah, a typical Friday night. Too damn cold to plan a night out and all that. I'm 51 and she's 60, so cold weather sux. Comfort, no stress, no BS. She's doing crime shows on the tv, and I'm doing guitars.
    Not being a non-romantic, we have our special times when it's about 85+ degrees outside and aren't bundled up in layers. Giving each other space at this time of year can be very important in a northern climate in winter!

new6659, blueruins and drmilktruck like this.
  5. Rckt-Brew

Rckt-Brew Electromatic

May 25, 2017
    Trabuco Canyon
    [​IMG]
    wife & I usually go to live music. Tonight it is swing time. Our first valentines together I took her to see the Eels.

new6659, drmilktruck and Merc like this.
  6. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    We had that problem ourselves so since I was adopted we adopted.

7. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Grew up outside Muscatine not too far from you.

8. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Mrs MBKRI and i had great Italian carry out (takeaway as we call it in England) with her family up to Chicago to spend the weekend with us. I did my taxes this morning and spent my entire tax return on dinner for the 6 of us. Easy come easy go. Its zero degrees Fahrenheit. We spent the evening playing cards by a roaring fire. Lovely.

drmilktruck likes this.
  9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    That’s awesome you adopted. Every child deserves a family. :)

10. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    me too!

radd, audept, Bertotti and 2 others like this.
  11. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Two one form Korea and one from China. I've lived in or been to both.

Merc and audept like this.
  12. afire

afire Country Gent

I made dinner for my wife and daughter. Which isn't all that different from any other night, but I went with something that ticks all their boxes and brought a lot of flowers home. Pan roasted beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes, wilted spinach and chimichurri.

new6659 and audept like this.
  13. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Got the wife 75 red roses, she got me a bottle of 10yr old Graham Port and we shared a box of gluten free, dairy free valentine cookies from an amazing badass bakery in san diego (this sh$% gets irritating after a while so this bakery is a godsend). We stayed home this year.
    We made egg mcmuffins at the request of my youngest son... this was the first yr without my oldest son around. Cupid hit him w the arrow right after he graduated, and his summer romance has carried on through till now in graduate school. He's in love with a pilot. I forbid her to take a musician in a prop wing plane, and warned her that we die famously in those things.
    So she will have to get her commercial license before I approve. :)

ps. I have my own flight license as a helicopter dad. :)
    [​IMG]

TSims1, blueruins, larryb and 2 others like this.
  14. ALS57

ALS57 Gretschie

Jun 17, 2019
    London
    Lunch with my wife at a swanky Turkish restaurant. The rest of the day tearing around North London as a taxi service for my two daughters

Trash Kidd likes this.
  15. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Thank you :)

16. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Thank you :)

TSims1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice