Your New Best Buddy @ Chicago Music Exchange

Discussion in 'Commercial Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers' started by EdwardsKim, Jul 18, 2019.

1. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Howdy gang,

I've been on this forum since I first started playing electric guitar seriously. It has been a source of wisdom, good conversation, and the best online gear community I've ever lurked or been a part of. I grew up with Gretsch-Talk and for that, I am grateful.

I have recently joined the team at Chicago Music Exchange. I hope this isn't a rule-breaker but I'm just here to say to you all:

I am your Gretsch ally!

Anything Gretsch related (or any gear in general) please, email me. I would love nothing more than to have fellow GT members get the best deals on Gretsch guitars, and other gear.

My email is

Edward@ChicagoMusicExchange.[dot]com

With what I can disclose, I'll also have insight and "heads up" on new and exciting things coming out. So you let me know what you need, and I will help as much as I can!

It's easy nowadays to just click "make an offer" or "add to cart" on Reverb and other sites. But trust me when I tell you -- when you deal directly with a real person, you'll always get the best deals.

Let's party!

DaddyDog, blueruins, T Bone and 10 others like this.
  2. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Can you do good deals on shipping to Australia?

EdwardsKim likes this.
  3. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    It depends on the item I believe, but sure!

I just shipped a pedal to Aus and it was $41 via USPS Priority Intl. What were you thinking?

audept likes this.
  4. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I think I feel my wallet clenching...

T Bone, Scooter127, thunder58 and 3 others like this.
  5. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    That’s actually really cool. I’ve had good experiences with Chicago Music Exchange in the past, and now that we have one of our own there.......I will in all seriousness likely contact you about future purchases....! Congrats on the new gig, seems like it’s probably a really good fit.

EdwardsKim likes this.
  6. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    :D haha, I'm here to HELP your wallet!

The store has been growing and shifting in the recent months, and I'm glad to be part of the journey! I used to work with a lot of the current employees during my time at Guitar Center here in Chicago, so it was a great reunion of sorts. Thank you for your well wishes!

You reach out to me for whatever you need and I will take care of you :)

TSims1 and Ricochet like this.
  7. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    No decision yet but probably a Gretsch guitar.

8. Nolefinity

Nolefinity Electromatic

Apr 11, 2012
    Hog Mountain
    Hi @EdwardsKim , good to know about you there. I buy and keep or sell Gretsch and Fender guitars and parts. I’ll keep you in mind!

One quick Fender-related question: you wouldn’t happen to know or be able to find out ...

1. Any exclusive or new lacquer Fender guitars coming out around $1000? Like a road worn FSR? I know you have a candy Apple Red road worn tele exclusive. I like any lacquer Fenders in the $1k range.

2. I also am really hoping Fender will come out with a Mexico edition of their acoustisonic telecaster for around $1,000 instead of the $2000+ ones. Amy chance? I can dream ;-)

Ok, that was 2 questions.

Thanks!

9. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Shoot me an email

Thanks for that! I haven't heard anything about another run of Road Worn stuff. But Fender is unpredictable sometimes as they'll pump out new products out of nowhere so it's quiet possible we may see something before the end of the year. I'm hoping as I'm a fan of Road Worn stuff too. Great value.

I haven't seen any talks of releasing a Mexican Acoustasonic but hey -- I can give you a good price on the American one :D

Nolefinity likes this.
  10. Nolefinity

Nolefinity Electromatic

Apr 11, 2012
    Hog Mountain
    Sounds good, I’m considering that USA Acoustasonic too. I’ll be in touch if interested.

Thanks!

EdwardsKim likes this.
  11. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Gretschie

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY
    Oh no! An enabler at one of the more fun guitar stores I’ve been in. Congrats on the new gig, I’m sure we as a group will provide job security for a long while.

T Bone and EdwardsKim like this.
  12. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL

Hahaha well I hope so. Thank you for the kind words.

13. toddfan

toddfan Synchromatic

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas
    Tell David A. that Steve in Kansas City says "Hi"! I've bought a couple of guitars and some pedals from him when the wife and I visited Chicago! Love the store!

EdwardsKim likes this.
  14. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    @EdwardsKim
    First let me congratulate you on your new job , very cool .
    Secondly , a hearty handshake from me . I always respect the person who gives back to the " community " no matter what community it is . You're a stand up guy and I just might purchase some " non- related " Gretsch items from you just because of the kindness you've shown here . Best of luck and congrats again :)
    ( I'll have to start to scope out the websight )

EdwardsKim likes this.
  15. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    PM me if you have a G5435 in Fairlane Blue lol, it's the Gretsch I was after before I found it was a limited edition and impossible to find new. Ironically, I found this model and think I may have bought the last new one available on the entire Internet lol, and it also led me to this site.

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.co...imited-edition-cme-exclusive-b-stock/13455260

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    EdwardsKim likes this.
  16. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I've only bought one guitar from CME but lemme tell ya, it was a top notch USDA Grade A experience.

TSims1 and EdwardsKim like this.
  17. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Gretschie

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    Well, this may be what pushes me past the edge. There's a guitar there that I have been eyeballing but haven't had the chutzpah to pull the trigger yet. Maybe that is about to change.

18. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Will do! David A. just got back from Summer NAMM so I'll let him know.

Thanks so much man. I've always loved your two cents on here and really, thank you for your kind words. Anything you need, you have my email up there :)

Looks like it has been a while since we had those in. And none on order from Gretsch :( But it is definitely worth checking out thoroughly on our back end even if its not listed on our website. Thanks for asking!

I've found that really all the people here are just like you and I. Forum lurking/posting gear nerds that love a good deal and spreading guitars around ;)

thunder58 likes this.
  19. It’s like having our own spy. Almost James Bond like.

EdwardsKim likes this.
  20. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Shh... you're blowing my cover :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice