Yesterday morning

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by roadjunkie, May 31, 2009.

1. roadjunkie

roadjunkie Country Gent

Jul 4, 2008
    Middletown,PA
    .....I almost cashed it all in. I was running around town which I seldom do anymore and I made a pitstop at one of my guitarshop haunts. There were several original GA5 LP jr amps there and I was eyeing up an early blackface Princeton then my eyes caught the Ampeg SVT-CL and I was selling off my gear in my head to try to get this. It was a very insane moment but I got over it eventually. I was itemizing what I could get for everything and there would have been plenty left over.

I'm not quite sure what I would do with a 300 watt tube bass amp with an 8x10 cabinet but for several hours there I was willing to find out!:D

2. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    You mean your over it already?????

3. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Glad you came to your senses Gary. The main thing you would get out of an 8x10 cabinet is a hernia! But those SVT heads are sweet sweet sweet!

4. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    See, you should of left the cad and just bought the head! Now go back and make a deal.

5. dan P

dan P Country Gent

Jul 21, 2008
    Kansas City
    Talk about feeling the music...that baby , will blow you right off the stage...!

6. Scott

Scott Country Gent

Jun 27, 2008
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Excellent exercise in restraint my friend. Many has been the time I jumped on a buy just to regret it later. This sounds like what might have happened with you had you "cashed in".

7. Jeff O

Jeff O Country Gent

Sep 25, 2008
    The Motor City
    That amp sucks.

Get a REAL SVT (I got 2 - 1969 and 1971). It's all I use with my upright. And I only use a 4 X 10 - it's all I need.

We played to 1200 people last night - and I checked with the people in the back. They heard JUST FINE.

And I had the bridge channel on 3, the fingerpoard channel of 4.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice