Winter NAMM 2019

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Merc, Dec 13, 2018.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    My first Falcons were 7000 series. Black and white

Synchro, Merc and Trash Kidd like this.
  2. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

Jun 4, 2008
    Ventura, CA
    Hammerhead, Merc and RG7X like this.
  3. MikeSchindler

MikeSchindler Synchromatic

Feb 3, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Purely on the standpoint of the best move Gretsch can make would be a new move in the Electromatic line..I would personally add antifreeze green and lime gold to the Electromatic 5420T as a new colors.. a few more colors on the Jets ...I'd add a Billy Bo Electromatic in two colors..probably black and red to appeal to the masses and lastly make a few minor changes in a few Prolines like adding a color or two and maybe some electronic options available ...But the Electromatics are making them the most money I feel and they are gonna follow that road again...a great idea would be the opening of a semi custom shop for Electromatics offering a template of a variety of changes /options and colors that still can be produced quickly as opposed to a full blown custom shop like Stern...remember you heard this from me first...and I'll bet you Gretsch does this in the next few years...im sure they troll here looking for ideas ..,stupid not to.

new6659 and Merc like this.
  4. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
  5. Merc

Merc Gretschie

May 6, 2017
    Florida
  6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Both of these have been available since mid to early last year. I remember when the Golden Penguin Parlor came out because
    I had only a month or two earlier picked up the White version.

TSims1 likes this.
  7. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Yeah, these have been out for awhile and I have played them both.

8. 6124Bassman

6124Bassman Gretschie

May 20, 2018
    Tempe, Arizona
    I’d really like to see a G5220 with the full B60 Bigsby from the hollow body guitars, with a pair of Dynas, and neo classic inlays.

RomanS, new6659 and Merc like this.
  9. McIrish

McIrish Electromatic

Jan 7, 2019
    Chicago, IL
    I was seriously thinking about picking up a g5220 but I'm a bit afraid that they will come out with a better model right after I spend all my money. I really like the G5220 other than the block inlays and the bad pots. Other than that, I think its great.

10. Merc

Merc Gretschie

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Not long to wait, January 24-27 around the corner.

After missing out on a huge sale, I plan to be adding another Gretsch later in the year. So I’m waiting to see what’s new. I hope that it might also bring a discount to something current later in the year if it’s discontinued or changed. But I could just be dreaming.

11. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    B251BADB-0901-4636-9850-7552C1C95D3C.jpeg

12. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    I want my 24 fret Neck-thru gretsch centerblock/hollowbody.

Merc likes this.
  13. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Electromatic

Oct 10, 2018
    Upland
  14. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    I want to see the G5439T Pro Jet with Bigsby Silver Sparkle (thumbnails) i used to have one and i loved it! but back then they were quite heavy, just the slightest ding on something and you will have a chip. you can still find them online but ide rather a new model so fingers crossed. my dream would be to have this model or a double jet in green or red sparkle but we can dream can't we.... oh and thanks for reminding me about namm

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Merc likes this.
  15. Hydroman

Hydroman Gretschie

Feb 29, 2016
    FUNtucky, Ca.
    I just hope theres going to be Hot Chicks there handing free picks and T-Shirts and stickers this year.

Merc likes this.
  16. Merc

Merc Gretschie

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Guessing you’re going to be there?

17. xtcclassic

xtcclassic Newbie

Jan 9, 2019
    Missouri
    I’d love to see a silver or gold sparkle Electromatic double jet. I’d love it even more if they took the Electromatic logo off the headstock and put it on the pickguard like the hollow bodies, now that I’ve been bitten by the Gretsch bug that would definitely be my next guitar.

Trash Kidd and Merc like this.
  18. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Merc and Alberta_Slim like this.
  19. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    And beer!

Hydroman, Merc and Alberta_Slim like this.