Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Williams and Walker Straps

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by dbirchett, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
  2. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    I do too, Don. It’s a fitting accessory for a guitar which is about as beautiful as any I’ve ever owned. The G6119-1959 is something to behold in person. The woodgrain is visible and makes a red guitar look all the more interesting up close.

3. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    Rev. Billy has one with a 3 inch ring, I had one made just like it.

thunder58 likes this.
  4. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    Pay over 25K for your Gibby that ring will never come near it !

thunder58 likes this.
  5. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

That's going to look great on your Tennessee Rose. Oh, and I agree that the wood grain showing through the red finish looks awesome. Mine's not as vintage as yours. but it still has that same finish.

6. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    They had a Ltd.Ed Red strap with a rose in relief, which I specifically wanted for mine. Unfortunately I was on the Island and couldn’t put my order in. When I could they were sold out.

Looked like this but in red...

[​IMG]

thunder58 likes this.
  7. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    Mine's only about as vintage as the Ice Bucket Challenge, it dates from 2014. A beautiful RI, however.

8. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    I wish I could have gotten in on one of those.

Ricochet likes this.
  9. LivingMyDream

It's currently showing on their website. I even thought about it tonight.

[​IMG]

thunder58 and dbirchett like this.
  10. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    No, this one was all red. Red strap, red rose. It looked made for the 1959, it was even closer to Flagstaff than regular Tenny red.

11. LivingMyDream

Ahhhh, I see, and yes, that would be a real beauty.

Ricochet likes this.
  12. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    The black one is nice too! ;)

13. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    I've got this one.

ScrH_4513.jpg

thunder58 likes this.
  14. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    These look to be a good deal, I just hate straps that get skinny down on the end. I like them to retain their width from beginning to end. I need more material so my wireless pack has something to clip to.

15. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    have you ever heard of " Italia Straps " ................. lol :D

TSims1 likes this.
  16. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Yes Rich, you and DB used to bash them just as bad as someone else here bashes bridge manufacturers ;D

thunder58 likes this.
  17. YourBlueRoom

YourBlueRoom Gretschie

Jan 25, 2017
    Nashville, TN
    This reminds me of Axl's jacket in the Paradise City video. Totally bad a$$.

[​IMG]

Ricochet likes this.
  18. YourBlueRoom

YourBlueRoom Gretschie

Jan 25, 2017
    Nashville, TN
    I received my strap last night and I'm impressed. It looks just like it does in the pictures. Very nice quality. I may order another!

upload_2018-1-9_9-3-9.png

Telechamp and JHowdy like this.
  19. dbirchett

dbirchett Gretschie

Feb 11, 2009
    Arizona
    Got the strap I ordered today and am pretty pleased. I bought one of the "Pro Series", a G24.

[​IMG]

This is less expensive and probably not as nice of materials as the Premium Straps but this is the closest to what I wanted. It appears to be really close to the same color as the Tennessee Rose it is on although I am partially color blind and reds and browns are not my strong suit.

Anyway, I have several padded Levy's straps and, no, this is not built to the same quality but I think I migh like it at least as well. The Levy's straps are thicker and take a long time to break in. This one is more pliable and probably more comfortable from the get-go.

After I bought it, I became concerned because a couple of the reviews indicated that it may not be leather. It was advertised as a "Rich Cognac Brown Guitar Strap with Padded Glove Leather Back." I'm not really sure which they are referring to as the "back" but the part that shows looks, feels and smells like leather. The padded part also looks like a softer more pliable leather. So, for $27.88 through Amazon, I'm pretty happy with it.

The last thing is the length. I am a big guy. Not only tall but heavy. It takes a really long strap to go around me and while I don't wear my guitar terribly low, it usually stretches a strap to it's limits or, in some cases, I have bought an extension. I moved the tail of the strap to the last two slots on the ladder and it fits just fine. I did pay an extra $8 for an extender but I did not need it.

I am sufficiently pleased that I will probably buy a second (different) strap for my black 5422-12 Electromatic.

Basically, if you are looking for a strap, you could do a lot worse.

Telechamp and Ricochet like this.
  20. JHall55

JHall55 Country Gent

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    How long is the strap at it’s max length? I’m also of above average size and have a hard time finding straps that are long enough unless I get custom ones made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk