Wild Setzer tribute on eBay.

Discussion in 'Vintage Gretsch Discussion' started by JPD1, May 31, 2009.

1. guitarfarm

guitarfarm Country Gent

That's a pretty cool picture there, Bonedaddy. But, I have my doubts about whether or not that is, in fact, a lime. My guess would be either a pomello or some sort of melon.

Attached Files:

2. Scott

Scott Country Gent

Jun 27, 2008
    Winston-Salem, NC
    That cat looks fraught with gas...and I don't mean Gear Acquisition Syndrome!

3. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    No! your wrong wrong wrong, it was my mother:D Or was it my seciond grade teacher Hilda Berkshire 1957?:eek:

4. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

No Sir, Bambi came out ~ 8 years before you were born.

5. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    So, your saying my mother or my second grade teacher stole it and changed the words? I don't know what I would do if that's the truth. I remember my mother said "you want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" I just bet your gonna say she stole that line too. I don't know how these threads always get way of the original subject. :D

6. JBennett

JBennett Synchromatic

Jun 12, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think he did kind of a nice job. Looks like a pretty good worn finish for a poly guitar. It's a fraction of the price of the real Setzer tribute guitar. He hasn't made any false claims about the guitar (well, maybe the Gretsch custom shop sticker is a big dishonest). He has answered all questions on the auction clearly. I say give him a break. Like in the "Death of a 5120" thread, it's his guitar to mutilate/accentuate, and he gets to name the price. If it sells or not is his problem but it's not a crime to ask lots of money for your time and skill. I'm curious how he "aged" the finish.

7. coolbus18

coolbus18 Country Gent

Feb 27, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Thank you for your clarity. I posted my feelings on 5120 rocks.

8. guitarfarm

guitarfarm Country Gent

Just to clarify. I wasn't dissing 5120's in general, coolbus. My comments strictly regarded trying to build a fairly accurate reproduction of something by starting with the wrong stock. Like the people who try to sell reproduction Greene and Greene furniture and it's made from oak or cherry instead of mahogany and they dye walnut black with shoe polish rather than spring for ebony. If you want to build a reproduction (and ask a lot of money for it), make an effort for God's sake! That's all I'm asking. I'm sure 5120's are fine guitars. I hope you enjoy yours very much. I like you and would never want to offend you. And, for what it is worth, I paid far less for my 6120 than that person is asking for the tribute guitar.

9. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

No Sir, I'd not be so blunt. I'd say they adapted it to suit their needs.

And No Sir again, I'd guess Jack Nicholson stole that one from your Mom. And btw, I thought we did need him on that wall, and he got dorked over because we (they) can't handle the truth.

I'd guess these threads sometimes get way off the subject because some of us forget the original topic and are just naturally chatty. (I'll work on that).

10. Raspy

Raspy Country Gent

Jun 7, 2008
    extreme no. ca.
    That's one of the reasons I read
    all the threads. You never know
    where they will take you. And, I
    don't mean that in a complaining
    way.:)

=================================

<><> Raspy <><>

11. guitarfarm

guitarfarm Country Gent

I always read all the threads. Especially the ones that are offensive to me. :D I like to complain about them to the voices in my head. I also read all the labels inside clothes. Sometimes there are secret messages there for me. And the tags on the bottom of mattresses. Hoo boy! There was that time I got thrown out of a Mattress Warehouse. I didn't know there was a law against reading them. I thought there was a law against removing them. And for the manager to call the police like that... well, that was just going a little overboard. How do I know if I want to buy one until I've checked it for secret messages? :confused:

12. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    The voices in my head told me that the voices in your head were too noisy and were keeping them awake at night. :)

13. Fastfingers

Fastfingers Electromatic

May 7, 2009
    Manchester U.K.
    The vioces in my head are wondering wot the hells goin on in your head! :p
    Keep Rockin :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice