Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Who is My Twangy Guitar Lessons Awesome

Discussion in 'Songs in the key of Gretsch' started by rcboals, Jun 18, 2010.

1. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Anybody know who this guy is? Great lessons and the are free.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5qZEgXKBis"]YouTube- Johnny B. Goode ? Cover + Lesson[/ame]

2. Big Burly

Big Burly Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Ahhhgg... The ghostly floating arms playing a Tele! Scary!

I've admired his vids for awhile. I appreciate the total isolation of the guitar and his hands, so you aren't distracted by the "Blues Faces."

3. samdevos

samdevos Gretschie

Jun 26, 2009
    belgium
    his sounds are amazing though he uses some line 6 studio computer thing ,
    i've read hes doing a tutorial soon on how to create his sound :).
    But don't know who he is , i just know you can fin a vid where you see him...

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. johnnyguitar

johnnyguitar Country Gent

Jul 10, 2009
    Canada
    I've got one of tose line6 thingys!
    It's a toneport and for digital recording/playing it is really amazing, but not so much in a live situation. I got rid of all my other line 6 gear as nothing compares to some warmed up tubes. Also had alot of issues with it breaking down at the worst of times.....

6. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo Gretschie

Jul 13, 2008
    Georgia
    Yea,those Toneports can be pretty amazing for lowcost recording and home use.I only used it with my desktop since it has the power to really get the most out of it,but I recently tried it (Toneport UX2) with my laptop,which does not meet the power requirements needed,but even using the guitar and microphone at the same time plus recording them at 48kHz/32bit it performs just as good as the desktop.If you plug in a set of powered speakers it really kicks butt.

7. Fredo

Fredo Synchromatic

Jan 18, 2010
    Georgia, USA
    His name is Sam. He can be pretty rude. Go to his youtube page. If you send him a friend request he'll block you permanently. Someone mentioned a certain Irish singer's name below Baby Please Don't Go and that person got blocked. He didn't read the fine print. Sam's videos are great though. I've got Baby Please Don't Go down except for the variation in the middle part, where I'm close. I think his rudeness stems from getting a lot of the same comments over and over again, like requests for tab or whatever. Sam gears his videos to people who don't need tabs and can learn just by listening and watching. Yet some of his rudeness must be innate.

8. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    The price is sure right for his video instructions they are great if you don't need tab and can figure stuff out by watching. He can stay rude if in fact he is. He has my respect trying to stay anonymous and for taking the time and trouble to put the high quality video lessons on the tube. If I played that well I would be more obnoxious than I am now.:D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  9. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle Country Gent

May 9, 2009
    KRAPROOM
    I like it!! And lucky for me, I can't read tab. So, no need to send a friend request.

10. Sarah93003

Sarah93003 Friend of Fred

I love his videos. I think they are very well done and the blacked out background is genius as you can just focus on his hands. He's video's are amoung my favorite. Incidentally, I do believe he is a member of this forum.

11. johnnyguitar

johnnyguitar Country Gent

Jul 10, 2009
    Canada
    he's been on my favorites for a while...one of the best on youtube

12. tyguy

tyguy Synchromatic

Nov 17, 2009
    madisonville tn
  13. RockolaIan

RockolaIan Electromatic

May 31, 2010
    england
    Great player is that twangy Sam. He plays that Horton heat, but did anyone see his comment about Gretsch being "trash"???? Hmm... perhaps he was having a grumpy day eh? Anyway fab playing and look forward to more youtube bits. By the way Damian Bacci's DVD that i got, is great! Grab a copy cos it's packed with great ideas for soloing Rockabily style. I take it you've all seen his youtube lessons right?

14. NWAttorney

NWAttorney Country Gent

Feb 27, 2010
    Idaho
    I know everybody has their own experiences with people. For me, he replied quite politely when I emailed him about information about his lesson videos.

And his videos themselves have been a big help and inspiration for me to learn how to play. So, although there are people here who have had bad experiences with him, I know my personal experience with him and his videos has been terrific.

15. Fredo

Fredo Synchromatic

Jan 18, 2010
    Georgia, USA
    Twangy's latest looks pretty great for us rockabilly wanna-bees.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDWYW15cOs8&feature=sub"]YouTube - Rockabilly Classics DVD[/ame]

16. lennyedwards

lennyedwards Former Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Luxembourg
    If the guy doesn't want to make friends on youtube, then fair enough......
    If the guy wanted to ignore tab requests, again, fair enough....
    If the guy chooses to ignore requests that's fair enough too....

What's not on is abusing folk trying to say they regard his playing/videos/tutorial method, that's not fair enough at all, sure his vids are pretty slick, it's a nice idea to have no chat, no guitar faces, just a good ol' fashioned watch & learn... brilliant.

Abusing kids though? If that IS the case then the guy is obviously a plum (as in testicle). Just shows us all guitar skills are not the only skills you need ;)

17. Synchro

Synchro Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    Let's move on folks, nothing to see here. Just for the record, if a member of this forum has a problem with some other person, posting about it here isn't the answer. Name calling and attempts at public humiliation will not be tolerated. The offending posts have been removed.

18. MyTwangyGuitar

MyTwangyGuitar Electromatic

Sep 14, 2010
    S.F. Bay Area
    You were kind to me, I was kind to you. That's the way it works. I was raised to not put up with anybody's crap and I don't. I won't even acknowledge the other crap I read in this thread. Perhaps the rest of you folks should spend more time playing your guitar than passing judgement on things you know nothing about. How completely and utterly disgusting.

19. Synchro

Synchro Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    And everyone was told to air this elsewhere. One more peep on this dispute from anyone and they will be gone.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  20. Quietly

Quietly Banned

Jul 31, 2009
    Spain
    Enjoyed the Vids very educational and excellently done, send me your hands please. Thankfully I missed the insults good on you Mark for removing them.