Which acoustic strings are your favorites?

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by not_man_davo, Sep 20, 2019.

1. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Synchromatic

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    I'm covered as far as the capo goes, or I will be once it arrives. And before anyone mentions it, yes, I am a sucker. :D

[​IMG]

mrfixitmi likes this.
  2. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Electromatic

Jul 10, 2019
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    I have been using Elixir 80/20 for years on my Taylor 512. I like the way they sound and they do last. Changing strings lost its mystery yers ago. With these, I put them on, play the daylights out of them for about 15 minutes, retune 1/2 step high and put it in the case overnight. Next day I retune and I'm good. FWIW, I also have a set of Elixir Optiweb 10s on my Yahmaha Revstar 820 which I like the sound of. I didn't care for them on my Streamliner 2622 however. That one gets D'Addario NYXL 10s.

3. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Synchromatic

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    Well I think that settles it. I think the next set will be elixirs since they seem to last and that means fewer string changes! Now I get to go to the guitar shop and buy em! seems like the right way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

mrfixitmi and TSims1 like this.
  4. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Electromatic

Jul 10, 2019
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    I did forget to mention that they are a bit pricy. Hope sticker shock passes quickly.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice